Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gold(ish) AWI Monoblocks - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gold(ish) AWI Monoblocks

post-1270-1188957763.jpgI may have mentioned the car had a bit of a shunt at an open track day back in November. It is finally back together. I did have some scuffs on a couple wheels so I decided to refinish all four wheels. And since they would all need redone, I decided to do a bit of a modern ode to the John Player Special color scheme. The wheels are a color called 'champaigne'. In some light they are just dark gray, in other they are fairly obviously gold. Let me know what you think.

(and the car is missing a few parts yet as I am waiting for the final color sand and buff to be perfect)

Cheers,

Rod

Rod

98 Esprit V8

Dynamic Racing Turbos

Water Injection

Factory Red ECU

3 bar MAP piggyback

Straight-through exhaust

TurboXS BOVs

Blitz I-color boost control + Wide-band AFR

Porsche/Getrag G50/52 Transmission (...coming soon someday)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-1270-1188957763.jpgI may have mentioned the car had a bit of a shunt at an open track day back in November. It is finally back together. I did have some scuffs on a couple wheels so I decided to refinish all four wheels. And since they would all need redone, I decided to do a bit of a modern ode to the John Player Special color scheme. The wheels are a color called 'champaigne'. In some light they are just dark gray, in other they are fairly obviously gold. Let me know what you think.

(and the car is missing a few parts yet as I am waiting for the final color sand and buff to be perfect)

Cheers,

Rod

Brilliant idea! The car looks great!

The JPS Black & Gold colour scheme is difficult to beat in my view.

Esprit looks great by the way.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

That's beautiful Rod, the champagne colour sets it off a treat - have been tempted to do the same on mine, but don't think the S4/GT3 wheels are dramatic enough. The Bugatti styled AWIs are the dogs though!!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Looks Fantastic - I recently picked up a set for $600, best wheels ever put on an Esprit!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I agree, those and the Novas. <_<

I agree, I love my AWI's. Got mine years ago from Johan when he went widebody and needed 335mm wide tires. He slod me the AWI's + tires for $900.

I thought about gunmetal or Vulcan Grey (green grey metallic).

vulcan_grey_wheels.sized.jpg

dave_C.sized.jpg

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE