Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira i4 servicing costs?? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira i4 servicing costs??

• Gold FFM

Lotus have published the UK 3-year service plan price for the i4 here :

https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/enhance/emira

Lotus Emira V6 Service Plan £1,599 including VAT
Lotus Emira 4 Cylinder Service Plan £2,699 including VAT - THIS IS £1,100 MORE THAN THE V6 for the first three services!!

The equivalent Mercedes "ServiceCare" pack for an A45S for 3 services and one MOT is £1,584 inc VAT

There is something called a "CompleteCare" pack at £2,700 inc VAT for 3 years but this includes "fair wear and tear items arising from normal road use" (such as brakes and tyres)

I'm seriously wondering if someone has based the Emira i4 "up front" service pack pricing on the latter by mistake.....

I queried this with Lotus Financial Services (who are the contact for the Emira service pack product) who called me back and said "the i4 has more to do at each service than the V6, and most individual services are therefore twice the price of the V6 " but they have no details available to back this up.

If not an error this really doesn't bode well for the "entry level" car if a first-year oil and filters change really is around £960 😲

Up until now my service agent was under the impression that the i4 and V6 Auto fixed price services were the same price.

I'm waiting for confirmation from couple of sources as to what extra tasks and/or consumables make up this large potential cost difference and will update this thread if/when I hear back.

Unless anyone else knows??.....

• Confused 3

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)