Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What is the most ridiculous thing someone has said about your car? - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What is the most ridiculous thing someone has said about your car?

Chemical7

My brother, who knows nothing of cars nor cares much about them, gives me endless shit about my Esprit not running and being too small for me to fit inside, despite the facts that:

1) It only ever failed to run once (first day I owned it, Bosch part failed, easy fix), and

2) While the fit is tight, it is possible and workable, especially with all those washers removed from the seat-mounts.

But yet he STILL refuses to update his insults to reflect the current state of things.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be a day for it, as I was getting in to my car at a shops carpark. A man said to his wife; "I had one of them once it had 3 turbos, 0-60 in 2.9 sec's and a v10 engine." I did look around the carpark to see if there was any other supercar. But the only other car I could see was a Focus RS. Ok not no-where near a supercar but I don't think they had 3 Turbos. I think he may need a visit to spec savers.

sig.jpg

On the British Car Meeting on lake Geneva last October, full of ...british cars:

Father and 10yr-old son walking by:

"Hey, look son, an orange Ferrari! You know, they are very rare in this color...."

Partial credit--at least he's right about orange Ferraris being rare!

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Parked the S4s just outside a restaurant and this group of blokes come & ask me: "Magnum's car, isn't it?

1980 Peugeot 504 Coupé V6Ti

2000 Peugeot 406 Coupé V6SE

1996 Lotus Esprit S4s

• Gold FFM

Went to visit a local motor museum four yearsago with my bright Yellow Eclat and heard a little 8 year old girl :animier: say to her parents, " LOOK ITS A SQUASHED BANANA" :lol: the name Banana has stcuk with her and all the Lotus guys who know her call her by name.

John & Wendy :