Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2005 Lotus Elise 111R - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2005 Lotus Elise 111R

Barry McFall

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lotus

Lotus Elise S2 111R with Touring pack

2 previous mature owners

44K with FSH and provenance to back up mileage.

HPI clear

Ardent Red

2 keys with working alarm fobs

Half leather alcantara seats

History and Mechanics

2 previous mature owners. The car comes with a full folder of history, x… dealer stamps and a mountain of receipts for oil and service items, parts, brakes etc, it has wanted for nothing over the years and been very well cared for. It was fully serviced a round 200 miles ago. Engine Oil, gearbox and diff oil (Redline MTL) and a new o2 sensor. Electric windows and radio work, the aircon needs a re-gas (this never bothered me, if it’s hot and sunny the roof is off anyway)

Bodywork

The car had a full respray in original Ardent Red in Spring 2023. I have photos of it pre respray, like most Elises it had picked up marks and chips over the years and the front clam had suffered from osmosis like they all do so the decision was made to paint the whole car.

The bodywork is in great order. Fibreglass is notoriously hard to paint to perfection and If I’m being very fussy there is the odd dust nib/fish eye but you really have to look hard for them. PPF has been applied to the lower rear quarter panels to protect from road rash. It looks absolutely beautiful when polished up and the red with grey wheels makes a perfect combination.

Aluminium tub so there’s no major corrosion to worry about, there is some surface rust on some of the suspension components (wishbones) but this could easily be rubbed down and painted to tidy it up, something I had planned to do over winter.

Modifications

It has a few upgrades mainly to future proof it including:

Uprated aluminium radiator with high flow fans.

Uprated exedy clutch

2 way adjustable Nitron dampers

Lightweight Team Dynamic alloys which are unmarked (ceramic coated) fitted with brand new Yokohama V105 Tyres (16/11/23) Lotus OEM tyre choice.

TRD airbox, which sounds incredible when the VVT crossover kicks in and doesn’t need serviced

New brake discs and pads approx 1500 miles ago along with front drop links.

Everything works on the car, there are no mechanical issues.

MOT until OCT 24 with Lots of previous MOT certificates.

If you have been searching for one of these you will most likely already know about the Elise 111R and how much of a pure drivers car they are. The handling and steering has to be experienced to be appreciated. With 190bhp and a kerb weight of 850kg it has plenty of power when needed. The 111R has the super reliable 1.8 16V Toyota VVTi engine which has been described as unburstable by some car journalists and it is the one to have. It has none of the head gasket or reliability issues that the rover K series of the 111S was prone to. It also uses a bullet proof 6 speed Toyota gearbox which has nice short ratios.

Overall I’ve been as honest as I can and I will happily answer any questions or queries, just give me a ring or text. I realise this is probably the wrong time of year to sell but I figured if someone is genuinely after one they will possibly have been looking for a while and will be in a position to buy. I’m a genuine car enthusiast in my 40’s and have nothing to hide with the car, just give me a ring or text.

I’m located in Belfast N.Ireland but I will happily pick up any potential buyers from the airport or ferry port. Alternatively transport can be arranged if necessary using a reputable car transportation company that I have used several times.

Thanks for taking the time to read the long advert but I think it’s important to be honest and detailed when selling a car of this calibre, it’s saves time for me and any potential buyers. It’s a great example of this type of car and is surprisingly easy to run and maintain with parts readily available and not expensive.

My Asking Price is £23,500 the number plate R111 VVT is available separately original reg is FJ55 HXX. Any others I’ve looked at for sale with low miles are between £25-30k so I think it’s realistically priced as it need’s nothing. I am in no hurry to sell and i don’t need the money but I am always willing to negotiate a bit with a genuinely interested buyer.

There are a few extras that I can include with the sale if the asking price is met, a shower cap, a set of used Avon ZZR tyres with approx 4mm and a quicksilver back box exhaust that I never fitted as i prefer the factory set up.

many more photos on request

Call Barry on Mobile 07933594400.

The post 2005 Lotus Elise 111R appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.