Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GT410 Sport Seat - Slim fitting - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GT410 Sport Seat - Slim fitting

Giving the Sparco seats a made-to-measure fitting for slim people is easy enough in principle with side pads. I use carpet underlay offcuts. For covering that in different versions on various cars I’ve used both Alcantara and strong plastic from robust bags intended for garden rubbish. The challenge is fixing the pads firmly to the seat without risking any adhesive like double sided sticky tape in contact with the actual seat - or the unknown effects of chemical glue removers. (A mistake made only once!)  Equally as important is being able to make adjustments during trials of prototypes. The photo shows my solution for the Sparco seat on my GT410 Sport.

The red seat belt webbing is all a single length. It is looped around each side of the seat and runs low down across the back. Each end is glued – very effectively – back to the bottom of the main loops by a 2 inch square patch of double sided sticky tape.  The arrangement keeps the loops firmly in place at the bottom of the seat. (Held at the top in the harness recesses.)  The sides of the seat pads are then fixed by – initially small – patches of the same double sided sticky tape to the backs of the main loops. Larger patches after positioning trials.

Works well for me.

DSCN5506B.JPG

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.