Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
lotus exige 410 aerodynamics - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

lotus exige 410 aerodynamics

hello all

just wanting peoples opinion and advice. I have a 410 sport exige with the cup 430 carbon wing. now from the lotus catalogue, the rear of exige sport 410 generates 90kg downforce whereas the cup 430 generates 120kg. Would my setup with the cup 430 wing be affecting overall vehicle dynamics and balance>?  the stock 410 exige generates 60kg downforce at the front whereas the cup 430 generates 100kg downforce front which brings me to the question......would installing the front louvres from cup 430 on my exige 410 be noticeable for track events?? if i plan to do this i will use something like the komo tec carbon overlays as it prevents having to respray clamshell. what do people think?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. In real terms the difference is not significant.

The difference sounds impressive on paper, but those figures are quoted at top speed. Downforce is a square function in relation to speed.

I'm at work right now, but at home I've got some graphs showing the difference in down force at various speeds from when I was considering fitting other bits myself. 

I'll try and dig them out for you later on. 

• Like 1

thats some awesome info well done! 160kmh(100mph) corners would be few and far between also on most tracks. 

do you have graphs for the front downforce comparisons by any chance

Thanks. Yeah, I did a graph for the total downforce as well. Obviously if you wanted just the front numbers you subtract the rear from the total.

Exige-Downforce.jpg

• Like 1