Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
O2 sensor cross reference? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

O2 sensor cross reference?

Hi All,

I apologise for bringing up this subject again but I am working to a deadline and need some help.

My car has been off the road for about 18 months mainly due to Jack Knight Developments screwing up my gearbox upgrade before they went bust. But it is almost back on the road after an heroic effort from Derek Bell to address the many sins JKD committed. My after market CATs arrived yesterday but the O2 sensors from my old CATs that were used as templates weren't with them. I have a few O2 sensors to play with but they are in questionable condition and I may need to replace one or two tomorrow if there is a problem.

My local auto spares (Camberley Auto Factors) didn't have a sensor listed for the V8 Esprit but I suspect they could supply one if I new of another car using the same sensors. And so finally to my question.

Does anyone know of another car which uses the same O2 sensors as found on the V8 Esprits?

cheers

-Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Most narrow band lambda sensors are the same (1, 3 and 4 wire) it is just the connectors that are different.

If you don't mind swapping the connectors then just buy any old thing with the same number of wire as they are interchangeable.

If you don't have the old ones (I think in your case) then it all gets a bit more tricky as you need the correct connector on them.

Someone here is bound to know an alternative.

Similar goes for the wideband sensors as thy are either NGK or Bosch.

That is not an issue here though as they won't be widebands

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Most narrow band lambda sensors are the same (1, 3 and 4 wire) it is just the connectors that are different.

If you don't mind swapping the connectors then just buy any old thing with the same number of wire as they are interchangeable.

If you don't have the old ones (I think in your case) then it all gets a bit more tricky as you need the correct connector on them.

Someone here is bound to know an alternative.

Similar goes for the wideband sensors as thy are either NGK or Bosch.

That is not an issue here though as they won't be widebands

Hilly

Thanks Hilly, at the risk of looking stupid (something I am used to) what is the difference between narrow band and wide band? Is it the range of the sensor, or the voltage range or something completely different?

Also do they all have the same physical characteristics, thread, sensor depth etc?

cheers

-Chris

Thanks Hilly, at the risk of looking stupid (something I am used to) what is the difference between narrow band and wide band? Is it the range of the sensor, or the voltage range or something completely different?

Also do they all have the same physical characteristics, thread, sensor depth etc?

cheers

-Chris

Try this link to LEW: http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/ET.../O2sensors.html

The narrow band sensors have a very non-linear response which is centred around 14.7:1 AFR (0.5V sensor output), the useful measurement range is only around 14.3:1 - 15.1:1.

This is good for closed loop running on light to medium throttle loads as this is where cats work most effiecntly.

As you need a higher afr for full throttle (13:1 NA. 12.5:1 turbo) the ECU goes open loop and just uses the internal map. for fuel delivery.

These sensors work on their own, ie you apply power for the self regualting heater (3 & 4 wire sensors) and when up to temp they will produce a 0-1Volt signal which can be read by the ECU.

The way the ECU works is by increasing the fueling until the sensor output goes rich (over 0.5V) it then reduces the fuel until it goes lean (below 0.5V) and repeats.

This give an oscillating response from the sensor and this is what a lot of diagnostics look at. As the sensor ages it's response time slows and this can be measured.

The wideband sensor have a much more linear output and will accuratly work from 10:1 up to 20:1.

Therefore you can run closed loop in all areas.

Driving them is much more difficult as the heater control is much more complex and need a fair bit of electronics.

They both use the same M18 x 1.5mm thread and infact look very similar, widebands have 5 wires.

For tuning an aftermarket ECU a wideband is a must, in fact my VEMS ECU has built in electronics to run 2 widebands, one for each cylinder bank.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Hi All,

I apologise for bringing up this subject again but I am working to a deadline and need some help.

My car has been off the road for about 18 months mainly due to Jack Knight Developments screwing up my gearbox upgrade before they went bust. But it is almost back on the road after an heroic effort from Derek Bell to address the many sins JKD committed. My after market CATs arrived yesterday but the O2 sensors from my old CATs that were used as templates weren't with them. I have a few O2 sensors to play with but they are in questionable condition and I may need to replace one or two tomorrow if there is a problem.

My local auto spares (Camberley Auto Factors) didn't have a sensor listed for the V8 Esprit but I suspect they could supply one if I new of another car using the same sensors. And so finally to my question.

Does anyone know of another car which uses the same O2 sensors as found on the V8 Esprits?

cheers

-Chris

I think the info on LEW at the bottom is for the 4 pot as the part no. is No longer good and Lambda states that it is a three wire. This sure looks like the OEM sensor right down to the wire colors and connector at SJ Sportscars for

Edited by outtamyway