Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2024 NI Group Events - Page 2 - Topics - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2024 NI Group Events

RP420

Great drive out tonight with @KeithK and @AndyW-VX - Sprucefield, Hillsborough, Dromara, Rathfriland, Hilltown, Spelga Dam and a well earned Fish Supper in Newcastle.

All seasons within the hour as usual and some fairly heavy rain for a time which is always interesting on dry-weather-optimised tyres...

Looking forward to our next meet up at Supercar Saturday and Sunday 🏎️🏁

Hi Ryan, thanks for the invite, and organising the events. Looks like a good drive out tonight. Unfortunately tonight didn’t suit, but hopefully I’ll be able to join some of the future events. Regards Keith 

• Like 2

Hi Keith 

Thanks for your note. Look forward to meeting you soon!

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi to All

Quick reminder that we have 2 days of events coming up this weekend:

• Supercar Saturday at the North West 200 Pits complex on the coast road between Portrush and Portstewart 10am - 2pm;
  • Supercar Sunday at Bishopscourt Racing Circuit 10am - 4pm (or starting at 7:45am in Lisburn, if you are part of the convoy to the track and part of the opening demonstration).

Jimmy @blindside , Keith @KeithK , Neil @CooperLotus , Andy @AndyW-VX , Andy @Cooper and myself are all going to at least one of the two days. 

I know Jimmy and I are definitely going to both days.  I believe Keith is going to Saturday only.  I know the two Andys are definitely going on Sunday, but might also be going on Saturday.

Not sure who else has booked to attend - please do let us all know if you plan to go on either or both days by posting on this thread.

The Driving Exotic Cars NI/ROI facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/579489193791172 - really good group run by Jonathan McCall; I recommend joining) is organising a Saturday run from Sprucefield to the NW Pits, leaving Sprucefield at 8:30am sharp and travelling from Sprucefield to Lisburn, Dundrod, Antrim, Ballymoney, NW Pits.  Can I suggest that we join that group?  Jimmy @blindside and Keith @KeithK - would you like to meet us en-route at Dunsilly or just before the Seven Towers roundabout?

On Sunday, I know some are involved in the 7:45am Lisburn run.  In addition, Driving Exotic Cars NI/ROI is also planning a similar run on Sunday to Bishopscourt (leaving 8:00am from Sprucefield or 8:45am from the Primrose Bar in Ballynahinch).

Hopefully when we all get to Bishopscourt, we can organise parking together in a "Lotus Group" (although this has proved difficult in previous years...).

Looking forward to a great weekend and seeing plenty of Lotus and other sports and supercars!  Hope to see many of you there!

Ryan

Edited by RP420
Changed departure time from Sprucefield on Saturday
  • Like 1

plan to meet you all there on the Sunday, try and keep me a spot. Might bring a passenger, I take there is no issues in having passengers for the track time? also assuming there isn't a requirement for wearing a helmet on track? 

Neil.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CooperLotus said:

I take there is no issues in having passengers for the track time? also assuming there isn't a requirement for wearing a helmet on track?

Hi Neil

I don't believe there will be an issue with passengers.  I think they just need to pay the entrance fee to the event (ultimately it is a charity fundraiser), unless you have a ticket which already includes a passenger.

Re helmets, I don't believe they are compulsory for track time, except for the opening demonstration runs.

Ryan

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Hi Ryan @RP420 I can meet you at Dunsilly on Saturday morning. Any time that suits. 👍

• Like 1

Keith and Jimmy - I will call each of you as I am approaching Ballymena and Dunsilly respectively. I will be in the 5 series on Saturday, rather than the Exige, so will be able to hear the call 🙂

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

“ I will be in the 5 series on Saturday, rather than the Exige, so will be able to hear the call”

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

@blindside @KeithK

Jimmy & Keith - departure time from Sprucefield on Saturday has been changed to 8:30am as everyone needs to arrive at the NW Pits before 10:00am.  We will likely be passing Dunsilly circa 9:05am/9:10am and at the Seven Towers roundabout circa 5mins after that.

Anyone else planning to leave from Sprucefield on Saturday morning - please note the revised departure time of 8:30am sharp.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andy

Jimmy and I are up for it. Chris was considering too. 

19th October looks to be almost full, but 17th November has plenty of availability at the minute. Or is that too late? 

10 hours ago, RP420 said:

Hi Andy

Jimmy and I are up for it. Chris was considering too. 

19th October looks to be almost full, but 17th November has plenty of availability at the minute. Or is that too late? 

November is fairly late in the year, let’s get October booked 

@AndyW-VX

Hi Andy

I tried to call OpenTrack today, but no answer on their phone except for the answerphone to say the mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message!

I have sent an email to their listed email address, and await a response.

Will let you know as soon as I hear back.

R

38 minutes ago, RP420 said:

@AndyW-VX

Hi Andy

I tried to call OpenTrack today, but no answer on their phone except for the answerphone to say the mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message!

I have sent an email to their listed email address, and await a response.

Will let you know as soon as I hear back.

R

I had the same issue today. Messaging via the website wouldn’t work either

Hi Andy and Jimmy @blindside

Dave from OpenTrack responded to my email tonight.  There are currently 15 places available on the Saturday October 19th session.

Are you both still up for this trip?  I think this message should be readable by everyone, but I will also send out a follow-up note to all if those of us who have previously expressed interest confirm our intention to go.

If we travel there on Friday and return home on the late ferry after the trackday on Saturday night, costs are likely to be circa £850 (Trackday fee £225, return ferry £400, Premier Inn for 1 night on Friday night £60, petrol £120 and food circa £50).

Staying for the Saturday night too adds another £60 for the hotel and probably £40 for food/drink.  If anyone has experience/recommendations of accommodation other than the Premier Inn, please advise.

Ferry times are best with Stena from Dublin to Holyhead:

• Dublin - Holyhead on Friday 18th either at 14:45 (arriving 18:20) or 20:30 (arriving 00:01).  Premier Inn Holyhead is 5 mins from getting off the boat, so no big journey, but appreciate midnight is a late arrival if getting up early for track briefing at 07:30 on Saturday morning.
  • Holyhead - Dublin on Saturday 19th at 20:30 (arriving 23:45 - a late drive home), or alternatively 09:00 Saturday morning (arriving 12:15) are the suggested return legs.

Please confirm if you are still up for this trip, based on the above, and also let me know your thoughts on accommodation and both outward and return ferry times.

Thanks!

Ryan

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Hi Ryan, thanks for investigating this; much appreciated.
Unfortunately the Oct date don’t fit for me. I’ve an overseas holiday arranged in mid/late October & dates clash. Hopefully make a trip in 2025.

Hi Jimmy

Thanks for the swift response.  No problem at all - hope you have a great trip in late October and hopefully see you in a couple of weeks at the Friday 6th Sept run.

Ryan

Bump to all NI Group contacts

@AR13 MEO Gareth, @KeithK Keith, @5pence Spencer, @Tris... Tris, @SSurpal Susheel, @1973 JPS Richard, @Mike150 Mike, @Alastair_M Alastair, @CooperLotus Neil, @Chris28 Chris ,@R400DVA Craig, @desmondf Desmond, @Barry McFall Barry, @MBRC150 Martin, @Honcho [Name TBC!], @Keith B Keith

Some of us from the NI TLF group are attending the track day at Anglesey on Saturday October 19th run by OpenTrack.co.uk.

Currently @RP420 (Ryan) and @AndyW-VX (Andy) have booked and are definitely going.  @Cooper also hoping to attend and a couple of others are also considering.  

@blindside (Jimmy) has regretfully declined due to prior commitments.

All other interested parties welcome!

Details on the TLF event page at https://forums.thelotusforums.com/events/event/956-anglesey-track-day-saturday-19th-oct-2024/, also repeated below:

Any questions, please reach out.

I hope some others might be interested in joining!

Ryan

Depart: Dublin-Holyhead (Stena) - 20:30 Friday 18th

Return: Holyhead - Dublin (Stena) - 20:30 Saturday 19th

Ferry cost (when booked with Directferries.com) - £302 (premium fare, includes Stena Plus lounge)

Stay: Premier Inn Holyhead - £54 for Friday night

Trackday: currently £225 with opentrack.co.uk (https://opentrack.co.uk/view-dates)

image.png.a89299264cae25154831257dda7a2a8a.png

Important Information

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, serve personalized ads or content, and analyze our traffic. By clicking " I Accept ", you consent to our use of cookies. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.