Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A post trim removal? how? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

A post trim removal? how?

How do you remove the A post covers? do they just pull off? I'm refurbing the leather at the moment.

Thanks

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you remove the A post covers? do they just pull off? I'm refurbing the leather at the moment.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a 1997 GT3 and mine are held on with metal clips shaped like a dimond that push into plastic inserts fitted in the fibreglass lip on the pillar. I've taken mine off a few times because the material keeps coming away. I restick it with evostick, but the heat in the summer just unsticks it again! :crybaby:

Some of my metal clips were missing so I ended up putting a screw cup washer and screw in the top of the trim, but I had to do the other side to match, but it didn't need it. Painted the same colour you don't notice them. I have one metal clip at the bottom and the screw at the top, thats it. It is a pain taking it off as it tuck s behind the roof trim, so you have to bend this down to get the A pillar trim off!

It's not that bad a job, easier than some on the car! :thumbup:

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

Ta, I'll have a look tomorrow. I'm really pleased with the way the door card has come up.

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I pulled mine - really hard (que the insults / jokes)

See :

1454235871_36c370a2f3_b.jpg

The little holes in the A pillar are where the little clips go into so yank the trim off towards the opposite pillar and they should come out !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Quite often there's a fold of leather tucked into the door rubber, too. So you'll have to pull that first just to check.

Just be carefull that you don't damage the dashtop trim with the bottom of the A pillar trim when you remove it. I've seen it done before.....by me.....on someone else's car! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ya forgot to mention that - the trim can be stuck to the bodywork and pinned by the weather seals.

I guess when i done mine I wasn't too worried about ripping anything.

Push comes to shove, if you damage them I have useless spares here I dont want anymore.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

had a look and I think I may mask up and spray in situ, when i do the dash.

Amateurs built the Ark