Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
350 wing question - Sport 350 Technical - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

350 wing question

karluk29

im thinking of taking the plunge and having a blade wing fitted, does anyone know

how wide the 350 blade is please and how high from the base of the boot. thanx

in advance.

off to look on lew just in case lol

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smart arse LOL

looking at one in japan, has a optional electronic in car adjustment, PROPER STUFF, but i think its too short.

dont really need one i suppose but i do love the racer look.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Gold FFM

look in the press release(last chapter of workshop book), or in the vehicle data list in fist pages. I think the difference in hight and wide is dokumented (compared to V8 SE,GT)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I don't know but I do know that there are two different widths. Some are the entrire width of the car and others are about 6 inches shorter on either side.

Right then, said Fred.

Yep

Snuffy is right

Howard has a photo somewhere of Renu's old 350 and mine together and we compared them - there are a number of differences. The width of the spoiler, the style of the end plates whether they are painted or not, the finish (smooth or textured) and those are only on the wing. There are other differences as well.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Hey Karl..

I had a fibre glass 350 wing fitted to my car that I made from a mould. I replaced it with a real carbon one, and sure enough, they are different widths!

The fibre glass one I had fitted has a few cracks in the front edge, that would probably be a very easy repair for a bodyshop.

You are welcome to it if you want it.. just pay the postage for it and it's yours.

this is the wing only though.. you'll still need the uprights and endplates, as well as the brake light (just a standard hella part).

email me if you want it.. you should still have my email address.

The fibre glass one I'm offering you is the wider version.. so I'm sure it'll be very 'you'!!

thanx guys, yeah i noticed the widths b4, and from your pic kylie you have a long one (oooer). all the

wings im getting prices on are 1650-1690mm which is too short, might get the mdf out ha ha ha

hi glyn, thanx

iirc the struts were a insane price, the end plates i could prob get made for not much. how

do the struts attach to the wing though??

would love mike's wing but its alot of cash im thinking.

I have the longer one too bought from Mike Sekinger years ago, I'll measure it when I get home.. The wing has 2 small plates that stick out the bottom and slot into the uprights and have 3 allen key bols going through the uprights to secure.

I might be thinking of selling mine if I don't sell my car..

Mark

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

dont you like it then? cant find any random struts anywhere atm

I like the fact there are only 50 odd produced and it's exclusive etc but I keep thinking boy racer when I see it and the man in the street knows no different, only Lotus fans know it's sport 350 so I'm not sure about it, bloody expensive add on though, I gave

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

thats really crap then matey on all accounts, im looking into a carbon rear diffuser aswell to change my back end, bloke on ebay makes to order it seems and really cheap. waiting for a price on one esprit length, hopefully non of these daft esprit parts prices.

Thats intersting to know guys about the different sizes. Wonder why they did this and if theres a pattern if the first lot of S350 came off the line had shorter wings and made them bigger for improvements or too much of an over kill and made them smaller?? :getmecoat:

350.gifNo.23

Thats intersting to know guys about the different sizes. Wonder why they did this and if theres a pattern if the first lot of S350 came off the line had shorter wings and made them bigger for improvements or too much of an over kill and made them smaller?? :getmecoat:

I originally had an exact fibre glass copy of the longer wing, then got a real carbon one that was narrower.

I did notice a lot less wind noise with the shorter one. The long one used to actually whistle! Quite nice actually, but this maybe why Lotus went for a smaller one.

Or for some federal reason, like people were catching their sleeves on the end plates walking past!!

I think it was just random.

Mine is Nr32 and it has the narrow wing. I suspect it was the junior who got to cut the wings to length and he lost his tapemeasure half way through production. :laughing:

I had this vision of the 'hand crafted' bit of the Esprit production being a load of men in brown overcoats with tape measures doing stuff until it looks about right.

Was funny looking down this line of 350s seeing each one slightly different....

post-187-1192654925.jpg

• Gold FFM
OOooooohh arrrhh!! "...@wooooosh"

:thumbsup:

i guess you are infectet for ever... :o

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..