Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Throttle Bodies min air rate adjustment - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Throttle Bodies min air rate adjustment

Malc Holmes

Hi All,

Simple questions, but I don't know if anyone will know.

I have a full S4s inlet system, including TB's, fitted on my SE engine. The system was brand new, built up and complete when purchased (from on of Karry Kemps new S4s engines). Despite changing just about everything, (sensors that is) I still have this slight stumble when picking up from idle (as reported in previous posts).

Does anyone know if the your minimum air rate bleed screw on the throttle bodies is set differently on the S4s compared with the SE (due to bigger inlet valves maybe?). Before fiddling about with this setting I want to make sure I have some justification in doing so. Alot of evidence seems to point to this, but all the manuals seem to very stricly say, don't touch!

Thanks guys

Malc

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Malc,

The S4S and the SE get set up identically.

Do you know the entire procedure ?

Balancing the butterflies.

Set up the TPS properly.

Adjust the minimum air rate screw (20-40 counts with engine warm)

Please have a look in the workshop manual Section EMH.3, page 4-18

Why are you changing it ? There is nothing different.

Cheers

Marcus

www.PUKesprit.de

Hi All,

Simple questions, but I don't know if anyone will know.

I have a full S4s inlet system, including TB's, fitted on my SE engine. The system was brand new, built up and complete when purchased (from on of Karry Kemps new S4s engines). Despite changing just about everything, (sensors that is) I still have this slight stumble when picking up from idle (as reported in previous posts).

Does anyone know if the your minimum air rate bleed screw on the throttle bodies is set differently on the S4s compared with the SE (due to bigger inlet valves maybe?). Before fiddling about with this setting I want to make sure I have some justification in doing so. Alot of evidence seems to point to this, but all the manuals seem to very stricly say, don't touch!

Thanks guys

Malc

Marcus

The only reason I have S4s parts on the SE is because I had the oppertunity to get a set of band new parts at a very good price when re-building the engine when I first got the car (I never ran the engine with the old set up). I wasn't looking for any advantage other than new parts from the new set up.

If there is no difference in calibration, then I won't be changing the setting without being very sure this needs doing.

Thanks

Malc

Talking of inlet manifolds. My S4 manifold is leaking water under pressure! it appears that there is a core plug at the rear end of the manifold ? Is this so, and if it is, can it be replaced?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg