Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Water Leak - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Water Leak

rocket63

Some of you will be aware from recent posts, that I am doing a few jobs on the old green meanie. One of these was to trace a water leak. On appearance, It looked like the chargecooler pump! I have however, recently renewed this and I was hoping this would not be the fault.

Further invetsigation has found the leak to be from the Inlet manifold. Bum. Anyway, there is a 1" core plug in the water rail and this has corroded. It started to leak once the system was under pressure, but i couldnt see where it was coming form.

So, this core plug was paper thin. Touched it with a screw driver and the centre crumbled away.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days