Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Owner's Age - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Owner's Age

s4simon

Esprit ownership  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i seem to be having another mid-life crisis, i need to buy another lotus :thumbsup:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 52 and just purchased my first Esprit this year. Some of you chaps must be making some pretty good money to have been able to afford one at such an early age. Congratulations!

On a teacher's salary in the states, it's all I could do to buy this one . . and still keep my wife . . . happy that is.

I doubt if I'll ever sell it. She's a beauty!

Ed

I bought Lottie in 1990 when I was 36 and dating a woman of 25. Trouble is, I'm 53 now and STILL chasing younger women!

The official formula is half your age plus seven - which is about right, although I guess I'd have to PAY for a 33 year old girlfriend these days - or buy one from Russia or Thailand...

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

On a teacher's salary in the states, it's all I could do to buy this one . . and still keep my wife . . . happy that is.

I got myself rid of the wife, bought myself some nice toys, and looked then for a new girlfriend :laughing:

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

oh another one of these again :)

I love these threads because I'm pretty damn old now, but I'm the youngest yet again, somehow still. I remember we had more younglings last time we did this type of thread! :laughing: 22, though I feel (like) a 9 year old... Bought the Esprit when I was... err, 17 in January 2003...

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Well looks like a good number of votes now and the average age really has not changed that much since the last time we ran the poll.

Works out around 38 years old.

Which means I'm on the downward slope. :innocent:

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

I am very lucky to say i had my esprit at 20. It was a dream of mine for many years after I saw a pearl white V8 come cruising into a parking lot on day. I started a video production company and do computer repair on the side. this has given me just enough to buy the esprit and afford the maintenance (ahhh so much for maintenance! )

luckily i share a jeep cherokee with my brother that came from my grandfather. my brother is in a touring rock band, so i don't have too much transportation issues. works out nice

RocVisuals Productions

www.RocVisuals.com

Edited by nickruocco

Still in my 30s me.... Just!..... :)

Just poping out to get some of that gres'n 2000 stuff................

or is it 'Just for Men' these days....

However I will add that got my dream car when I was 27. & still lov n her.

Edited by dazmans3

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

I purchased the esprit when I was 29.. had a viper and elise at 27 and 28..

to the chap who wants a lambo by 40.. you'll find out quickly how the lambo won't feel like a step up.. at least not from a v8 esprit.. If I get another exotic it would be just for a different experience.. not a better one.. having driven many lambo's and ferrari's.. I have to say it doesn't feel more exotic or exciting than the esprit.. mostly because.. well it isn't :)

Hear what you say about the more exotic thing, have driven a lot of supercars as well, The only ones I really fancy though at the mo are Gallardo or Vanquish.

I normally have a plan and try and stick to it!!

50, almost white hair (but with hair) 14 week child, 2 other kids, younger wife (ok,ok) - so young at heart. 8-10 kilograms overweight, all in one place. Not too bad.

Everybody gives me the "aha, mid-life crisis" remark - (its not my mid-life crisis, its my permanent crisis).

And the "whoa, its not exactly a family car, is it?" bit - (no, its not a family car, and as you might see not a sailboat either).

Then the "It's a toy??" - (no, its not a toy, its a real toy).

And the "does it come with a baby seat" question - (fishing out the baby seat from the boot usually does the trick)

And the best one, from my function-oriented sister-in-law. Walking around the car for the first time she hesitated, then said "Wow, that's a very nice car...What's it for?"

Had sportscars since I was 25 so, 25 years of fun and I will not stop playing with them!

lo.jpg

This way to ship models! http://www.modelship...user-index.html

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg

I got my Esprit when I was 40, that was 4 years ago, so that must mean I am 44.

My hairdresser assured me that I have no grey hairs, although I do have some artic white...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!