Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I want another lotus - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I want another lotus

rosed37

Hey guys,

Im new to this forum, I currently own a 77 s1 which has been in project mode for the last 5 yrs, and I finally realized I don't have the time or patience for a restoration, I've been currently looking to purchase a Ferrari, but came across a couple of 84 and 86 turbos that really peaked my interest, I'm looking for some feedback on current value of a decent turbo 85-87 as well as how much I should be able to sell my s1 as a project car?

thanks,

ED

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed, firstly welcome.

Secondly where are you? If you're in the US the I would say Tony K is the man to speak to.....actually I would say Tony K is the man to speak to no matter what. Not only is he an S1 freak (in the nicest sense) but he knows the true value of a restoration.

If Restoration isn't your thing then maybe look at a Stevens model, they tend to be in better shape and generally easier to maintain.

Either way I have to say that to drive and own ANY Lotus is truely remarkable.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Ed, firstly welcome.

Secondly where are you? If you're in the US the I would say Tony K is the man to speak to.....actually I would say Tony K is the man to speak to no matter what. Not only is he an S1 freak (in the nicest sense) but he knows the true value of a restoration.

If Restoration isn't your thing then maybe look at a Stevens model, they tend to be in better shape and generally easier to maintain.

Either way I have to say that to drive and own ANY Lotus is truely remarkable.

I'm in Ontario Canada, and I'm more of a G car enthusiast.

. . . then I'd look up Wayne Barratt (WayneB), who is also in Ontario, is a G-man, and knows everything there is to know about our cars.

Edited by aerobat

Hi Ed, and welcome to the forum.

Values of Turbo Esprits are all over the place ATM, I do know however that well maintained nice ones are of a rarity up here in Canada.

I paid $15,000 cdn for my car 7 years ago, and spent a further $10,000 approx getting it into tip-top shape.

I think they are now worth at least $20,000 to $25,000 ATM for a good example, with resto candidates and project cars going for $5,000 to $15,000(depending on how bad /complete they are)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Welcome, I ve not long finished putting my engine back together, check out my thread, S3 turbo HC conversion' in the restoration section. to see how I got best of both worlds..........I hope!

S1 eh, lovely, any photos?

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

First of all, welcome! How far through the restoration are you?

I bought the car with the engine taken out of it and dismantled, I have it all back together, the only new parts it needed were a couple of valve stems, but I refreshed everything I could, oil pump etc. the only parts still needed are valve shims to put the top end back together. the remainder of the car is complete, but interior looks awful....faded, as well as paint.

Ed

Hi Ed, and welcome to the forum.

Values of Turbo Esprits are all over the place ATM, I do know however that well maintained nice ones are of a rarity up here in Canada.

I paid $15,000 cdn for my car 7 years ago, and spent a further $10,000 approx getting it into tip-top shape.

I think they are now worth at least $20,000 to $25,000 ATM for a good example, with resto candidates and project cars going for $5,000 to $15,000(depending on how bad /complete they are)

where about's in ontario are you Wayne? I'd love to see your car. Im in Whitby but my job takes me from Kitchener to Ottawa

Welcome to the forum, Ed!

I'd like to hear more about your S1 -- chassis #, color, interor color, anything unique or modified, etc.

And if you have pictures, even better!

Cheers,

Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I bought the car with the engine taken out of it and dismantled, I have it all back together, the only new parts it needed were a couple of valve stems, but I refreshed everything I could, oil pump etc. the only parts still needed are valve shims to put the top end back together. the remainder of the car is complete, but interior looks awful....faded, as well as paint.

Ed

where about's in ontario are you Wayne? I'd love to see your car. Im in Whitby but my job takes me from Kitchener to Ottawa

I'm in Trenton Ontario Ed.

SUNP0003-1.jpg