Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So I OWN a GT3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

So I OWN a GT3

GordonMasson

I have just had a really annoying experience trying to buy a car that was advertised on LEW!

It

Edited by GordonMasson

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That one has been 'For Sale' for at least 18 months if not longer (probably longer). It was too expensive back when I was looking to buy and it's still a bit pricey now.

I heard rumours and rumblings about the vendor back then so I didn't even bother going to look at it, knowing the he wouldn't be agreeable to a cheeky offer.

Mind you, it isn't sold yet so that either says something about the car or the seller.

Move on, sounds like a fiasco you could do without ....

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I know exactly what you went through, I walked away from about 6 cars before buying mine. I had spoken to so many sellers in the 2+ years it took me to find mine, there are signs you pick up on if the seller is serious or just playing a game. Unfortunately, there are quite a few who like to play games. I wish you all the best on the search.

Jason

It's interesting to note that that is exactly what house sellers do all the time and for some reason it seems to be acceptable behaviour. When I bought our house I walked out of one place after I'd said something along the lines of "my company is relocating so I'm looking to move very quickly" and I got "well, these things take time, we were thinking in a few months time". "Well, I'll be off then". We looked at another and got "well, we are off on holdiay in a few weeks so we wont do anything till then, but if you make an offer we'll start looking". Yeap, thanks for that, piss off. The house we live in now, I actually asked the estate agent "Are they looking to sell this house or are they just dicking about ?" They were quite taken about, I don't know why as it's common practice with houses. Rant, rant ,rant.

Right then, said Fred.

GREED I see it all the time with ebay auctions with no reserve. The car doesn't go high enough and the owner stops the auction... few days later its being auctioned again.... A$$clowns!!!

Sorry about your luck... But look at it as it was meant to be... and find another one.

Edited by GregWO

Hi Gordon,

sorry to hear that the GT3 buying experience so far has been bad. Sounds like the guy is a Cupid Stunt and you you are best leaving him to is a**ehole ways.

Keep up the positive thinking, all of us on here can go look at a motor for you, its a pretty wide network of pals you have here.

Cheers

Alex

Bibs, Kato hope this guy is blacklisted from LEF/LEW/Club Esprit, we dont need or want his sort in the community.

This is the car that's been advertised for ever and a day ?

Well if he want's people to bid on it then put it on friggen eBay !

I HATE people playing others off against each other - what a tit !

He'll be the one to loseout, when 2 years down the line the car's worth significantly less. What an idiot, you dont come all the way down from scotland to look at a car without the pre-tense to do business, he's selling you're buying so there has to be a happy medium there unless the guy is into penny pinching.

All that worries me is if you said you had 2 friend to come down it might have scared him off, more than 2 people to view a car is kinda threatening. OR there was something wrong with it he knew of and didn't want someone to spot / waste your time with.

Best left forgotten mate. yeah you do want best value but you also want a sale - money in the hand is better than tied up in a thing you dont want on the driveway.

People do get hung up with their cars, I know a few people who have screwed over others by not selling, even after deposits have been laid down !

This is the car that's been advertised for ever and a day ?

Well if he want's people to bid on it then put it on friggen eBay !

I HATE people playing others off against each other - what a tit !

He'll be the one to loseout, when 2 years down the line the car's worth significantly less. What an idiot, you dont come all the way down from scotland to look at a car without the pre-tense to do business, he's selling you're buying so there has to be a happy medium there unless the guy is into penny pinching.

All that worries me is if you said you had 2 friend to come down it might have scared him off, more than 2 people to view a car is kinda threatening. OR there was something wrong with it he knew of and didn't want someone to spot / waste your time with.

Best left forgotten mate. yeah you do want best value but you also want a sale - money in the hand is better than tied up in a thing you dont want on the driveway.

People do get hung up with their cars, I know a few people who have screwed over others by not selling, even after deposits have been laid down !

Also agree that advert should be removed.

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Hi folks

To be honest I was really annoyed when the guy phoned me this morning

• Gold FFM

He'll hopefully regret it later Gorgon. What goes around ....ect ect.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi Paul

Yeah I saw that one but i had discounted it because of the foreign plates and it was more expensive than i was looking to pay for a GT3... seems a shame to have re-sprayed it ... looked good in blue but still looks stunning ...Azure, Graphite and Norfolk Mustard are my favourite colours.....mmmmm might be worth dropping him an email

Patrick is a nice bloke, i don't have any knowledge of his car but it's worth a look.

All the time he's been around his cars have had overseas plates, i'm guessing as

he travels back so much, so don't discount it as anything bad.

:2guns:

Well that makes two of us, I was suppopse to view the car today. I contacted Dougal as soon as the add apeared in the preview pages, told him I was interested, he explained he was away and the earliest date we could both manage was today 28th pm. He mailed me a few days ago " car is no longer for sale, sorry". I was a little upset but things can sometimes change, just have to keep looking. Re the German resprayed car I am not sure about a colour change and price is a bit in the high side..(I realise its had a lot spent on it but the colour change has not added value in my book)....Gues I have to be patient ...Jimmy ( still looking for small dash GT3)

Edited by SHELSLEYF2

I have just had a really annoying experience trying to buy a car that was advertised on LEW!

Don't sweat it Gordon, I have gone after quite a few cars in the past owned by indesisive types and am usually later quite relieved I didn't end up getting them.

I had a good idea though, wouldnt it be beyond cool If you happened to buy the first new Esprit off the line in 2009!

Great for you (to own no.1 X 2) and a great piece of P.R. for Lotus I would think!

Tony what do you think?

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Don't sweat it Gordon, I have gone after quite a few cars in the past owned by indesisive types and am usually later quite relieved I didn't end up getting them.

I had a good idea though, wouldnt it be beyond cool If you happened to buy the first new Esprit off the line in 2009!

Great for you (to own no.1 X 2) and a great piece of P.R. for Lotus I would think!

Tony what do you think?

Hi Wayne

Yep I

Slightly off topic but related to the car buying experience. I notice in the FOR SALE section an N reg azure blue S4s. It was listed a couple of months ago but seems to have reappeared. I thought it would have been bought by now. Good colour combination on a popular car. Does anyone know this particular car?

Stuart

Gordon

I have looked at cars loads of times and made an offer, for it to be knocked back with "Oh well we have so-and-so flying in from Scotland/Ireland/Wales etc etc to pick it up next Tuesday if you're not paying sticker price", so you have hit the nail on the head.

He sounds like a tool, he's not the first Esprit vendor to sit stubbornly on a car for years always asking 20% on top of