Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AC - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

Hello,

The AC in my car is dead, leaking condenser and compressor, so i'm planning to rebuild the system and convert it to a R134a system. Before I begin taking the whole car apart I would like to know if someone can describe (pictures would be great) the connections on the condenser and the evaporator(R12 system) ie. are they cone shaped or something different. I ask this because not all connections can be converted to R134a connections.

Many thanks in advance,

Freek Muurling

Esprit Freak

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

The AC in my car is dead, leaking condenser and compressor, so i'm planning to rebuild the system and convert it to a R134a system. Before I begin taking the whole car apart I would like to know if someone can describe (pictures would be great) the connections on the condenser and the evaporator(R12 system) ie. are they cone shaped or something different. I ask this because not all connections can be converted to R134a connections.

Many thanks in advance,

Freek Muurling

why not yust rebuild it

come to the south and you can still get it filled by R12

costs about

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

The condenser and the compressor have a major leak, the system in not even holding pressure and i don't know for how long the system is not working. The condenser is in the Lotus parts sale and not very expensive. The compressor is leaking on the shaftseal. There are overhaul kits for the Sanden compressor but on the majority of the Sanden compressors the shaft is also damaged and if you replace that part the total costs for the repair is almost the same as for a new one. The Hoses are 17 years old so it is also better to renew them. The dryer also needs to be replaced. The evaporator is still a little question mark. All added up I think it is better to renew the system and to convert to R134a, but many thanks for the suggestion Rens.

Freek

Esprit Freak

• 1 month later...

Update.

I now have a new Condensor/CC radiator the AC connections are as follows (thanks to Dave Massey from Lotus):

3/4 - 16 UNF - 2A 'O' ring

5/8 - 18 UNF - 2A 'O' ring

Can anybody tell me how the AC hoses are routed outside / inside the chassis, do they have brackets or can you pull them through. Maybe someone has any suggestions about renewing them.

Freek

Esprit Freak