Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Electrical - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Electrical

jasonhepb

Hi Everyone,

Been a while since I been on, like the new look.

I was wondering if anyone has electrical drawings of 88 Non SE Steven Turbon Esprit.

Have developed electrical problems as follows;

About 12 months ago lost my interior fan. Removed it, it works fine (can connect directly to battery and step through speeds no worries).

Same time, got earth leakage somewhere that runs my battery down.

Same time, auto high idle sometimes works, most of the time doesnt.

Same time, thermofans dont come on when need to.

I had an autoelectrician have a look. Getting low Amps to couple of the circuits - not enough to power them up. Electrically seems to be connected. Spent about 4 hours trying to figure it out but he said he couldnt go further without wiring diagram hence my question.

Also recently the Econ function (turns fuel off when you run down without accelerator) also doesnt work which makes car backfire.

I think there is a common fault to all these that I need to find. Lucas electrics - oh well.

Thanks

Jason

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason, where about are you located ? Some/most electrical problmes are tricky to diagnose without a diagram or if you can't actually see and probe parts of the circuit on the car itself.

Certainly sounds like an earthing problem, as with most/all plastic bodys earthing points ar pretty ciritcal esp when they are not on the engine or chassis.

If you're close to the south east or near one of the meets, let us know come along and I'll bring me meter and have a look.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Jason, where about are you located ?  Some/most electrical problmes are tricky to diagnose without a diagram or if you can't actually see and probe parts of the circuit on the car itself.

Certainly sounds like an earthing problem, as with most/all plastic bodys earthing points ar pretty ciritcal esp when they are not on the engine or chassis.

If you're close to the south east or near one of the meets, let us know come along and I'll bring me meter and have a look.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I from the land down under, Ostralia (as we call it), convict country, kangaroos, Crocodile Hunter - aaah isnt she a beauty.

Any help appreciated.

Hi Jason, Which part you from. I know there's a few guys in QLD, NSW and VIC and 1 or 2 in SA and WA. Bit of a rare car this Oz Esprit. As Jonathan said, most probably (pretty much definately) a loose connection to the chassis / engine. It's just a matter of finding the dang wire.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• 5 months later...

Jason, I have the complete service notes and electrical diagram if you did not manage to find one yet. I am in Brissy too and have the same car if you want to meet up and get a copy on disc. Just let me Know

Justin, Rochedale South

"Laugh" and the world laughs with you - "Cry" and you just wet your face...