Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aw crap, here I go again. Brembo Question - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aw crap, here I go again. Brembo Question

Any one who has fitted Brembo's and the upgraded discs.

It was thought they were a similar arrangement to the early calipers that were fitted to my S4 but, after removing them there seems to be quite a difference between not only the Calipers, brake line entry etc, but the bigger discs seem to require a different hub arrangement.

Anyone help me out a with a little advice?...Urgently as it's stripped down and I need to get home tonight!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing you have got these <1993

93frontbrakes.jpg

but want to fit this 1994>

1996front.jpg

The hubs are different for the Brembo discs as they bolt on from the fronts where as the older Toyota based stuff bolts on the back of the hub.

The later stuff won't swap straight onto an older set-up.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

............. :) .................

Pants.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi Kimbers,

Are you trying to upgrade from Toyota calipers to Brmebo? If so the old discs mount to rear of hub and the Brembo mount over wheel studs (tophat effect). Iam afraid you'll need V8 hubs but Lotus put them up recently. They were something like

Edited by superdavelotus

I was going to offer him a lift home, then I thought about where he works.

It's a car dealer, new and used, so I guessed he could find a car to get home.

Kimbers, if you need a lift home so that you can use the Civiv to travel again, just let me know.

Andy

Hi Tony

I just check the LEW parts sale and found :

-----------------------------------------------

"Esprit Parts

2 s4 front hubs complete with brembo brakes, 1 rear o/s/hub ass, 1 glass sunroof for a 1989 on, 1 wind deflector, 1 rear bumper & tailgate 89 on, with glass, 2 rear lamps, 2 head lift motors, all offers as sold car.

Brian Callaghan, Motherwell, UK

--------------------------------------------

Is that you are looking for ?

Y.Hotta

Edited by esp88