Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
you know you are living in 2008 when........ - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

you know you are living in 2008 when........

esprit350

YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2008 when...

1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that

they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good howard and oh so true.

This is the sort of thing sam always gets emailed along with the one that has 6 f's in and you can only read 4... you know what i mean?

I hate mobile phones though.

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

I just found it on another website, cant take any credit, I have however written to the mobile provide this week to cancel my contract.... sick of getting a bill that says " you have 30 minutes left from last month to roll over" 2 months in a row now...I only pay for 30 minutes a month anyway

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Oh so true.

I'm trying to counteract some of those, mobile left behind- that's fine, I've got the other one, so I'll just dial my voicemail and pick up any messages. Send email to person on next desk but try to tell them by voice why I sent it etc etc.

Strange, I used to regularly travel over 100 miles to see the family, on my own in the car, I had AA cover and felt if I broke down all would be well. Now I MUST have the mobile to call the AA , and NEED Sat Nav so that I can tell them the exact location, then need games on the phone to amuse myself while waiting etc.

Pay as you go...

thats where I am going....got to wait 30 days first though

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Oh so true.

Strange, I used to regularly travel over 100 miles to see the family, on my own in the car, I had AA cover and felt if I broke down all would be well. Now I MUST have the mobile to call the AA , and NEED Sat Nav so that I can tell them the exact location, then need games on the phone to amuse myself while waiting etc.

We are supposed to have a system that locates you by your mobile but guess what, it doesn't work properly. :lol:

We are supposed to have a system that locates you by your mobile but guess what, it doesn't work properly. :)

Even with maps they have a problem. The RAC told me they did not know where stonehenge was which is why I waited 5 hours for recovery..............

Here's another to add to the list. Mobile phone companies dont have a phone number you can ring them on unless you are going to buy something from them.

Last week our Orange Broadband stopped working, it dialed in ok but we could not surf any websites. It took me an hour to find a phone number for the helpline then it cost 50p per min :P I could however find 12 free numbers in as many seconds to buy something from them. I then spent approx

Orange broadband - dont flippin go there...

Orangeproblems.co.uk worth it's weight in gold. Sign of the times when you have a private forum to sort out a companies problems for them.