Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is there a Dr. in the house? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Is there a Dr. in the house?

I'm guessing its spammers or is it that I'm being too cautious? Having just responded to a thread in Newbies concerning "Bad Response" I thought I'd share my experience of advertising on LEW for sale. Now the reponse is plentiful but in amongst it all, c.50% seems to be from people like the good doctor below. in fact he's writen twice but about another car (I don't have an N/A version).

Hello sir/ma,

Good morning am intersenting in buying your car (1994 Esprit S4) and i will like to know the last price and the present condition on it? For more details you can email me back as soon you see my mail.

Willing to here from you soonest.

Best regards.

Dr. Benson

Hello sir/ma,

Good morning am intersenting in buying your car (1989 Esprit NA) and i will like to know the last price and the present condition on it? For more details you can email me back as soon you see my mail.

Best regards.

Dr. Benson

Does anyone know the honorable Dr? Whats everyones experience of advertising on LEW? Are there any scamming horror stories related to our hallowed meeting grounds?

Whats it all abaat? :lol:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

These are scams, last price offers and not speaking good english smells a rat to me.

Receiving emails about lowest prices and not even asking about the car's history, condition etc. Not mention viewing and driving the car, I would steer clear from. I wouldn't even waste your time replying to them.

Dave

I've been trying to sell my skyline for ages and im sure i've spoken to the good doctor before. Try this.

Hmm - engage them in dialogue...

one guy asked what the "final price" would be to which I repied "Its in the ******* advert!" he replied "Whats your final price!"

Dave W - totally agree - asking for the last price and a description of the car is like asking me to say "you know actually the car is sh*t, have 2k off".

Funny ole world...

• Gold FFM
Good morning am intersenting in buying your car (1989 Esprit NA) and i will like to know the last price and the present condition on it? For more details you can email me back as soon you see my mail.

Best regards.

Dr. Benson

That made me laugh Charlie. Thats my 1989 NA he's replying to - had the same sent to me. :blink: I advertised mine late October from memory and still get 4-5 very similar looking emails per week. As Dave has said, not even worth replying to. Every other one also asks me to supply the cost of shipping - yeah right, got loads of spare time to do that! :lol:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

yep, thats the way it works, overpayment to get you to issue a cheque for the difference to the "UK agent" you think this os ok because the cheque has cleared and the funds are in your bank, but the funds are only in your bank until your bank askes the issuing bank for confirmation. At this point the issuing bank confirms the cheque is a fraud and the funds are then withdrawn from your bank and you are seriously out of pocket. I wonder if the good Doctor is a resident of Nigeria?

OMG just had his land in my inbox. Not quite a car scam but its so funny.

Dearest one,

Good day and how are you today? I hope you are fine i desire of asking you to be a guardian orfoster parent to me and then help me out in what i am to tell you.

I'm Fillomina Williams I am 22 years the daughter of Late Mr. & Mrs. Ben Collins Williams. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant here in Abidjan, the economic capital of Cote D'Ivoire. He was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip.

my mother died when i am a baby. Before the death of my father in a private hospital here in Abidjan, he secretly called me by his bed side and told me that he has the sum of Four Million Eight Hundred Thousand United State Dollars USD ( $4,800.000.00 )deposited in a suspense account in one of the big banks here in Abidjan.

He told me that he used my name as the next of Kin in depositing the money. He then strongly advised me not to seek for assistance in the investment of the money from his lawyer nor any of his friend here but to seek for a foreign partner from a country of my choice (outside our country,Cote D'Ivoire) that willl assist me in the wise investment of the money.

since the money is in the bank with the view of making use of it for investment purposes after my education carrier here. But as you may be already aware by now, our country (Cote D'Ivoire) is presently at political crises. Rebels have already taken over the whole Northern part of the country and making efforts towards the capture of the commercial center of the country, Abidjan, For thisurgly development in this country, now decided to take quickactions and have this money transferred out of this country before it is too late to do that.

I want to transfer it out and use it for investment purpose like real estate management or hotel management. Because of this i honorably seek your assistance in the following ways:

(1) To serve as a guardian to me and then assist me transfer the money into your bank account.

(2) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and then settle there parmanently.

If you accept to stand as my guardian or foster parent to me, i need not to discuss on any percentage with you as you have to see the whole money as yours and then assist me invest it. But if you still want a percentage, i am willing to offer you, 20 % of the total money as compensation for your assistance.

Please tell me if you feel the percentage i offered is not ok by you. As soon as i receive your concrete assurance to assist me with the proposal and also your full contact address/phone number, i will then give you the bank contact information where the money is still lying unclaimed and then tell them to transfer the money into your account as i want to come over to stay with you parmanently.

The bank will then proceed and communicate with you on the transfer. You shall then give me information on when thetransfer will be over.i shall also send my picture to you and shall also need yours too. No matter what your decision may turn out to be,please i plead you to keep this highly secret for my safety, as i believe that those that killed my father are still after me.

Thanks and God bless you .

Best regards

Fillomina Williams

:whistle:

Edited by davegtst

haha Davegst!

I just got 22mill riding on this puppy!!

Attention:Sir/Madam,

We are Diplomatic Corp that holds special and valuable consignments

for reputable clients that are honest and trustworthy. We work in

collaboration with top firms all over the world as we have earned a

name as a service whose hallmarks in reliability and confidentiality

are revered.International missions, Diplomats, Embassies of the world Have

used our services to satisfaction.A benefactor has mandated me to get someone

that can assist her and her family in retrieving her package containing some

amount of money from a Diplomatic Corp in Europe.The benefactor and her children

have been confined only to their country home and all their calls and movements

are monitored, as a result,its absoultely impossible for them to do anything

as regards retrieving the money. Their only means of communication is via

internet and you are being contacted because your assistance is needed in

claiming the funds on their behalf. The amount was accrued from Diamond sales

over a period of six years and its USD75M (Seventy Five Million U.S.Dollars).

These funds are fully free of any liens,

or encumbrances and are clean, clear and has no criminal origin. The

funds have nothing to do with any form of illegality and all

documentations needed to prove the source of the funds were submitted when

the funds were being deposited and these documents would prove the source

of the funds and authenticate the fact that the funds are clean and has no

links whatsoever with either drugs or terrorism.For your assistance in this

transaction,the benefactor and her Children have agreed to give you 30% of

the total amount of money which is equivalent to US$22.5 Million (Twenty

Two Million,Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars)

email:michael_sm2008@yahoo.com.hk

1) Your Full Name: 5) Your Mobile Number:6) The Name of the Closest

Airport to your City of

Residence: Your Address

I await your response Urgently.

From Mr.MICHAEL SMITH

• Gold FFM

davegtst - yep had that one about a month ago :whistle: Quality! They are actually quite amusing to read.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi,

My surname 'Wright' is very popular in the African states. If I acknowledged every scam email I received I am a billionaire now! Usually some one dying and they can't find a relative, so would I pretend to be one! Yeah right! :whistle:

Everytime I get one I say to the wife 'don't bother going to work tomorrow, we're rich!' :lol:

Owen.

slightly off topic but I just emptied one of the e mails accounts at work for the last 36 hours. It containted 1036 spam e mails........ :whistle:

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

just tell them to turn up with a cash deposit or piss off. i had an 02xda on buy it now on ebay, 3times some arse from nigeria wanted it for a daughter / son celebration or birthday, promises of cheques / postal orders. in the end i said that i would only post to europe and anyone from nigeria need not bother wasting my time as no posting until funds were in my paypal account. in the end it went to spain. i dont even bother reading them just bin them. latley my wife has had at least 2 emails per week from every highstreet bank asking for account details

It's Oogies turn to boogie