Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dynamic Filter Installation - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dynamic Filter Installation

nicknick68

:)

Finally I have been able to install the Dynamic Filter on My Esprit S4 !!

I had already done the RAM AIR conversion some time ago. I bought the Dynamic Filter from BMC filters.

It is a little big (iameter 150, 200 long).

I made a strong bracket that I fixed on the engine directly and I have used the same flexible hoses already fitted into Esprit's engine. Of course I have used the long hose from air intake to the filter, in fact I didnt cut it when I did the ram air conversion.

From the filter I went directly to air intake going through the hole in front of original air filter.

PROBLEM: the hole is too small for the hose I was using, by the way I couldn't use a smaller hose because filter intake is 82 mm in diameter!!

So decision has been to CUT the plastic in front of original filter to let the hose go through and reach air intake.

Here attached some pictures of final result.

THE SOUND OF AIR SUCKING is fantastic, I would raccomand this modification to everyone. I dont know if is giving sone HP more (I have a performance chip already in my ECU), but for sure is a good thing for the engine!!

PERFECTION IS NOT A GOAL, BUT A SYSTEMIC ANOMALY !

ESPRIT S4 2.0 L - MY 1994 : 2003 rear lights with LEDs, TAROX front brakes, 330 mm / 10 pistons, CDA air Filter, RAM AIR CONERSION, CLUTCH red hose upgrade, Eprom #10 from PUK-Germany, TAROX brake discs, adjustable dampers, POP OFF, High Performance Primary and Secondary Injectpors, Electirc Water pump, hand made 4 pipes exhaust stainless steel, oil catch tank with air filter, Custom interiors made by CUSTOMINTERIORS Parma in double colour, 3 additional coloured gauges (turbo, vacuum, gas).

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only mean the engine breaths better, I dont know (I cant feel) if it gives more power, if yes only a little, when you have 280 HP is not easy to feel a difference of 5 or 10 or 20 HP more than before!!

With this filter the turbo receives air quickly and fresher !!

But I did the job (including ram air conversion) mostly for the noise of air intake.

NICK from Italy

Fantastic job!  I like your engine bay.  When you say it's good for the engine, could you explain further..  Is it good in the area of HP or good in temp/longevity/etc..??

Thanks,

Ed-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ESPRIT S4 2.0 L - MY 1994 : 2003 rear lights with LEDs, TAROX front brakes, 330 mm / 10 pistons, CDA air Filter, RAM AIR CONERSION, CLUTCH red hose upgrade, Eprom #10 from PUK-Germany, TAROX brake discs, adjustable dampers, POP OFF, High Performance Primary and Secondary Injectpors, Electirc Water pump, hand made 4 pipes exhaust stainless steel, oil catch tank with air filter, Custom interiors made by CUSTOMINTERIORS Parma in double colour, 3 additional coloured gauges (turbo, vacuum, gas).

If you do like this filter you can visit web site www.bmcairfilters.com

My filter is a CDA EVO2, Universal filter 150/85 (150 diameter of the body, 85mm diameter of outtake to the engine, intake diameter is 82 more or less.

You can use original Esprit hoses to connect filter.

Nick from Italy

Interested too - Airfilter is the next mod I am doing on mine, interested in the options.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What advantage does the filter set up you installed have over a K&N type filter?

K&N is a less restrictive filter and coupled with the ram air mod provides quite a bit of induction noise as well. My car sounds like a bloody expresso machine on steroids, especially when at full chat.

:)

Dear Abrussich,

this filter increase air flow to the engine (at least is what they say), due to the design is able to "amplify" air flow, see web site for details (www.bmcairfilters.com) .

I didnt have a KN filter so I cannot tell you noise differences, but i strongly believe my filter sucks more than a normal panel filter, even if a competition filter.

Someone should make some test, I didnt!! I am not a technician or an expert, I only say I like it !!!

This is what they declare on web site:

CDA EVO 2

CDA filtering system, now available in the second step EVO 2, is connected to an air intake in the front of the car through a black alloy ducting. Thanks to the dynamic air intake you have a true supercharging system that conveys cold air at a speed and capacity much bigger than with traditional systems. The airflow entering through the dynamic intake is still further accelerated due to the conical flow variator inside the carbon dynamic air box. Finally, dynamic overboosting, greater airflow, higher pressure and colder air are the elements assuring a considerable increase in engine performance in power and torque. Thus demonstrated by several tests on a Dyno. CDA EVO2 WING, available in 2 dimensions, can be fitted on every kind of car.

NICK

What advantage does the filter set up you installed have over a K&N type filter?

K&N is a less restrictive filter and coupled with the ram air mod provides quite a bit of induction noise as well. My car sounds like a bloody expresso machine on steroids, especially when at full chat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>