Nifty spotted? - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nifty spotted?

simonf

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I saw that too! Erm....I know you park at STR every day mate but seriously....do you carry your camera everywhere? :respect:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Sorry, older model than mine (heavy gauge chassis, single upper wishbone) .... it's 0 -60 time would be equal to mine at the moment though :respect: ... must get my Rs into gear and get it up and running !!

Keep off the straight and narrow

Now I saw that too! Erm....I know you park at STR every day mate but seriously....do you carry your camera everywhere? :respect:

I have got this super duper mobile phone - its got a camara on it and everything!!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Sorry, older model than mine (heavy gauge chassis, single upper wishbone) .... it's 0 -60 time would be equal to mine at the moment though :o ... must get my Rs into gear and get it up and running !!

No Nifty, with so little attached its 0-60 is probably better.

I checked with Theresa at STR and it's in having an upgraded engine fitted.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Chris was telling me that that car was the Caterham show car and was super polished alluminium and very shiney. However the owner uses it as a daily driver and its done over 100,000miles! The owner was invited to take it to a Caterham function and they Caterham had a go at him for the condition he had let it get in!!!

A seven as a daily driver - he must be some sought of super human!?!

SiF

No Nifty, with so little attached its 0-60 is probably better.

You would need lots of people and a steep hill to get that seven to 60 - THERE IS NO ENGINE!!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Andy,

You are correct, mine is stuck at the back of the gargae awaiting me to fix the electrical gremlin that saw it die going down the Revett Straight last autumn.

Fortunately it was 4.15pm and I'd had a cracking day so wasn't too upset at the lose of track time.

First sprint is in April so need to have it going before then .. might do a Snet. trackday in March as a test.

Anyone up for joining me, very rare to see an Esprit on track !

Kimbers,

Any idea who's car it is?

It's not one that I recognise so not likley to be an active club member.

What engine has come out and what's going in?

Simon,

There are any number of Caterham "Show Cars".

Not sure it looks anything special to me ... are the rear wings ali or fibreglass, difficult to tell from the picture ?

Also, there are quite a few people who use 7s as daily drivers.

Not really much different from riding a bike, in so far that you need to dress up according to the weather and need to show caution in inclement weather.

Edited by Nifty

• 2 weeks later...
Simon,

There are any number of Caterham "Show Cars".

Not sure it looks anything special to me ... are the rear wings ali or fibreglass, difficult to tell from the picture ?

Also, there are quite a few people who use 7s as daily drivers.

Not really much different from riding a bike, in so far that you need to dress up according to the weather and need to show caution in inclement weather.

The rear wings are aluminium - Does that make it SPECIAL?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Aluminium wings were available at extra cost ... not sure they are anymore.

It would be more likely on a show car so it does add some providence ... but being an ex-show car doesn't add value to it in the same way that it might with an Esprit .. since all ex-show cars are sold on rather than being kept within the company .. in fact, Caterham have a habit of using customer ordered cars as show cars.

My car is an ex-Caterham company car .. it was run by Nick O'Brien who used to be the parts manager.

Edited by Nifty