Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ignition help - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ignition help

AJay

I am in the process of fitting a 3D mappable ignition to my G car and would like a starting point,

Does anyone know if Freescan will show the ignition map?

If so can someone send me a copy of theirs?

Many thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also thinking of doing the same. What system did you go for?

I have decided to use the MegaJolt Lite Jr. - Programmable Ignition Controller controlling a ford EDIS ignition system.

http://www.autosportlabs.net/Main_Page

A very cost effective way of converting to distributor less ignition system. It will also give the choice of two MAPs so i can run low boost on unleaded and switch to high boost and a different MAP when using super unleaded.

Or that is the theory anyway.......

I have decided to use the MegaJolt Lite Jr. - Programmable Ignition Controller controlling a ford EDIS ignition system.

http://www.autosportlabs.net/Main_Page

A very cost effective way of converting to distributor less ignition system. It will also give the choice of two MAPs so i can run low boost on unleaded and switch to high boost and a different MAP when using super unleaded.

Or that is the theory anyway.......

Funny:-)

This is the same system that I'm looking into. I'm just waiting for them to finish the hard revlimiter..

I also have to sort out how to mount the trigger wheel. My engine is drysumped and has the extra wheel for the oilpump....

I can supply a map for an Emerald M3D system if that is any use to anyone. The fuelling won't match, but the ignition map will be spot on.

I'll have to see if I can get it out in .CSV format or something, so you can import it into other ECU's.