Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Crashed blue 02 Esprit - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Crashed blue 02 Esprit

gregte

Hi all, this is my first post here. I've had 4 Lotus Esprits in the last 15yrs or so and love the cars so I'll probably be here more often.

I am looking at a Blue 02 Esprit that was crashed somewhere out west. Anybody hear of it of know anything? I've found that forums are usually the best place for honest info/advice. I most likely am buying it, but would like some history if anybody knows the skinny. Thanks Greg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a blue 02 with black wheels, i'm told it was spun out on the track. It was totalled by the insurance company in Colorado. That's about all I know, the Lotus world is a pretty tight knit comunity, I would think word would get around.

I'm looking forward to being an esprit owner again, this will be my first V8. It will be a fun project to rebuild it.

Edited by Kimbers - Mod
tidy post, please use add reply when replying to a post that is just previous, not quote and reply - thx

Hmm, its possible I think that is the Esprit that crashed on track in colorado at the Lotus gathering last year.

The pictures looked pretty rough, but not sure. Maybe its a different one but so far thats what rings my bell. What is the extent of the damage that you were told?

This car took a hard lick into a tire wall and went airborne. The guy went too hot into a corner and understeered right into the barrier.

Here are some pics from Modified Luxury and Exotics magazine (there are more on their website).....

0708270000204031gp5b013kh7.jpg

0708270000204031gp5b013ku3.jpg

Also Travis has some pics on his website.....the car has been resting on the frame from the pictures of it on the flatbed....which can't help matters.

IMG_0235.sized.jpg

IMG_0234.sized.jpg

Hopefully the frame did not take any damage, but it is hard to imagine it didn't getting that high in the air . :) I bet that guy under the tent sh*tted his pants when that thing came through.

I guess the owner was "Willy Q"....not sure if he was a LEF member. You might try coantacting Travis....he was there so he may know more. Maybe he will see this post and chime in. Hopefully it is not just a parts car...

Edited by Paul93Lotus

Didn't that car compete in one of the Cannonball-type adventures the same year? Or am I thinking of another blue V8 . . . guy in Florida? Didn't he post here briefly?

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

It was in the great American run or something like that, it's also now a pile of junk, parts car at best ....

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Gold FFM

here -> http://www.klode.com/Kws/Napplications/dis...&Exit=Close

he crashed it a the last LOG (lotus owners group) meet - they had a track day.

Willy Quintana

Yahoo! ID: willyq711

Here on the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/turboesprit

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....