White Esprit - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

White Esprit

nfulcher

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So which Esprit is that in your Avatar then, looks a bit different?

That's a rare photo of the original mock up of the S1 interior. Note the radio positioned at the rear of the transmission tunnel.

Brendan

You spoilt the fun Brendan!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Note the radio positioned at the rear of the transmission tunnel.

Nice to see ergonomics at the top of Lotus' priority list back then! :D

So is this pre-Giugiaro prototype (which had tartan) or pre-production (meaning they considered dropping the tartan)? I see the sills are red, but pictures of the "red car" 2nd prototype also show tartan?

A simple answer would be great rather than dancing around the playground singing "I know something you don't know" :angry:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

But we like playing.

I think everything adds up to it being the mock up made for the Bond film, the reason for lack of tartan, a clash of facial colour (Mr Moore) and the red of the tartan.

If it's the mock up then it would be 1/3 bigger than normal, I guess that's to help filming.

Nick can give all the details. And on the topic if Nick, once again, thank you for a fantastic evening recounting various bits of Lotus / Esprit and related history.

Andy

Nick can give all the details. And on the topic if Nick, once again, thank you for a fantastic evening recounting various bits of Lotus / Esprit and related history.

Ah so you have been to a guest lecture, lucky person. I thought it was only the South West Lotus Club that did this? (makes me feel like moving closer when you see the inspirational list of past speakers)

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Hi All,

So the avatar got you guessing then....!

Well let me tell a story.....

The picture is of the very first Esprit born at Ketteringahm Hall (Think Tank) headed by the Late Tony Rudd. Guigaro had already styled the car using the Hunting Menzies Tartan but at the time this car was built the Mill had not finished making it so it was trimmed all in green trying out different production techniques. This car was not just an interior mock up but a full road going car used to test various components.

We soon found out that mounting the radio between the seats enabled you to change stations whilst you changed gear so was abandoned by the next car so that's why you have a map pocket between the seats and not a radio......

Regards Nick

post-3194-1207581001.jpg

Mike Kimberley's 'Can Do' Trim Guru

Interesting finish on the gear lever and dash as well. Nick was saying it was really hard to do but wore off so they changed the lever to wood instead.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer