Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
PCD converter/spacer - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

PCD converter/spacer

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave, I used to know a company but they've gone bust. I will look around for you and send you a link when I find something. What's the PCD of the nissan wheels? Also are the wheels the same front and back on the nissan? You may have problems with front arch clearance if you have 18"-19" on the fronts?

Dave

Edited by superdavelotus

If you have a local machine shop, they should be able to manufacture you a set of 4 for under $500.

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Hi Dave,

buy some 114.3mm 25mm spacers and just add the PCD for the 108 Lotus holes inbetween the Nissan holes. then the only thing you might need is a centre ring making up. This will be by far the cheapest way as you only have to drill and tap 5 holes (in the correct pattern). I can draw you a 1:1 scale CAD drawing as a pattern and email it to you?

Email me davidawalters@btinternet.com

You need to see if you have enough space with a spacer on and the offset of your Nissan wheels, to see if it's worth doing. You might not have enough offset space to fit.

Regards,

Dave Walters

Edited by superdavelotus

Dave,

If you'r drilling into whats just a spacer are you not going to give your self a problem with strength, the reason the spacer/adapters are more expensive I think is also down to the material they are made of being higher grade? I may however be talking out my arse just didn't wnat to try this and be singing "three wheels on my wagon!"

Toby

Dave,

If you'r drilling into whats just a spacer are you not going to give your self a problem with strength, the reason the spacer/adapters are more expensive I think is also down to the material they are made of being higher grade? I may however be talking out my arse just didn't wnat to try this and be singing "three wheels on my wagon!"

Toby

Instead of drilling and tapping the spacer for bolts, drill the spacer for studs as these will be much stronger and hold the wheel on with nuts.

This is how I did the rear spacers for mine.

IMG_0136750x563.jpg

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Looking at Hilly's I've wondered about using the original bolts for the wheels. There'd be the problem of bolting in and out of the spacer but could it work if helicoils were installed? That way the same studs can be used for the front and rear axles.

DanR

those spacers look like some quality pieces . . . i purchased some from PUK Esprit Racing . . . marcus units were quality all the way . . .i have 88 inboard brakes and with the 35mm spacers the oz 18 inch mono blocks fit perfectly . . . dramatic improvement over the old 16 inch deals . . .

I have a cunning plan! I've just scrapped my skyline but i took the hubs off before i got the shell taken away. What about if i got the skyline hubs flattened off at the back and then bolt them onto the Esprit ones?