Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mr Clements at Dereham Roundabout - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Mr Clements at Dereham Roundabout

OwenGT3

Hi,

Spotted you Andy, this morning at the approach to the Dereham roundabout coming down the hill, about 8.15. You may have not noticed the Smart, they perhaps all look the same! :D

Owen.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's where I guess it was (Guardian road) I would have been too busy fighting with the car in an attempt to stay in a straight linedue to the massive ruts in the road caused by lorries.

Just past American Golf store nearly on top of the roundabout, you were in the inside lane, I heard you roar across the roundabout to Sweet Briar Road. :P You did actually pass me, reminder of what the Smart looks like, you can hoot next time! :D

Smart-1.jpg

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Hi,

Spotted again yesterday morning about 8.20, at the approach to the Earlham Road roundabout then turning to go down Earlham Road. I was right level with you this time Andy, even hooted and waved, perhaps didn't hear over your engine! :smoke: I was then on my way to visiting Hainford hall, the last time I actually went to there must have been 15 years ago!

Owen

I'm really aware of my surroundings aren't I?

On the way to get the hair cut, so maybe SimonF will make some comment on me parking on Ber St again.

This all goes to prove I do use the car as my daily drive.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Spotted you again this morning Andy, around 9.20am in the layby with the shops on Colman Road. I had just been to get my welding gas from the supplies at Taverham, I was in the Smart.

Owen

Qwen. Do you ever drive your Lotus?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Qwen. Do you ever drive your Lotus?

Yes, today I went to Lowestoft in it, on the return journey I even removed the roof. I used it once this week to work, but normally it's two or three times to work a week in it. last Sunday I went to my parents in Dereham for a trip, yes I definitely use it. The only reason I was in the Smart when I saw Andy was I didn't fancy putting the gas bottle in the Lotus! I know I use it as I ran out of insurance mileage a week before the insurance run out, 4500 miles, so I'm going somewhere in it! I have 5000 miles this year. :whistle:

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

I only said it because everytime you post up a spotted you are in the Smart :whistle:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I know, but even if I was in the Esprit, no one ever spots me! The only person so far is your Dad, and that could have been someone else (unlikely, but?). Andy wouldn't have noticed me anyway in the Esprit, he's already admitted he never notices his surrounding while driving, well other road users as he didn't spot me when I was along side him in the Smart)! :whistle:

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

When I travel along the Guardian Road area between 8 and 8:30 I deliberately keep looking for a Smart, but chances are you'll spot me several times before I spot you.

Kimbers know what it's like, it took quite a lot of effort on his part to get me to notice him on the Earlham road / Watton road.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

So I wasn't the only one to get away from work early today.

I was wondering if I'd see you in either car as I approached the Bowthorpe roundabout, but you'd obviously passed that point already.

At least this goes to prove you can use an Esprit as a daily driver and get to work each day.