Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BMW driver doing what comes naturally - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

BMW driver doing what comes naturally

I wanted to go for a blaappp today but unfortunately my car has expired once again. Now I know lots of people have said once it's repaired it'll be fine but would someone please tell me when this will be as I wasted a whole gorgeous day of driving trying to start her.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a new owner of a M5, M6 or other high spec. BMW will just point out that they have bought a car with 'right of way' built in and us paupers should get out of their way.

So Andy, I hope you have learnt your lesson ;-)

That is probably a touch harsh on the higher specced BMW driver. My guess would be that the average owner of an M5/M6/Alpina stands a reasonable chance of being a petrolhead and a reasonable driver - those are not common cars, and my guess is that your common city boy poser would probably take a porker for similar money.

Now drivers of an M3, or an X5 on the other hand...

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

That is probably a touch harsh on the higher specced BMW driver.

Nah Ben, i think it's fair.

:)

These guys know exactly what they are buying into, you are either that way or you are not.

My workmates love that sort of car, sometimes a car will go past and they will be gushing

about it. Alas, because i do not know the various models, or that the numbers and letters

on that specific silver merc/bmw that make it a

Sorry kimbers its cliche going back ages.

It is and it still sticks today. Fiat still suffer from it's "Don't buy them they rot" Super Mirafiori and that was in the late 70's. Lotus still suffer from it's Lots of trouble usually serious (also the late 70's), I could go on.....Honda suffer from being an "old mans car" despite clearly not being so anymore, Kia suffer from being "cheap and cheerful" despite their new range being well recieved and much more upmarket, Bentley are still considered a porr mans Rolls Royce despite being totally different now and much more modern and then there's the real anomolies. Skoda still siffer from their brand name and it's old cars, despite being a rebadged VW/Audi, Volvo still suffer from being "boring but safe" despite not being so and Range Rovers are still considered quality cars despite having depreciation closer to Skoda than any percieved quality brand.

I understand what you're saying Alex, that it is an old perception. But I can still see that 340 Driving off with my mate still hanging out of the window after going through it on his bike and I can still remember that old bloke in his big 240 driving over 3 of my mates to get away because he "felt threatened" by having bikers all around his car as we pulled up at a set of traffic lights.

Once you have a reputation in the Automotive industry it sticks.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Making my way back from picking my car up today...

I swear, if you had a switch that opened up a bottomless pit that these lot could drop into,

then the world would not miss them. They are all the same, just bland, generic, two a penny

easily pleased nobodys. Cattle wrapped up in german and japanese 'exec' jackets. Tail to tail.

It's like a conveyor belt of fat necked robots with jelly for brains, probably listening to coldplay!

Pull in FFS and let me use my throttle and have fun before my life becomes as dull as yours!!!!

Ta

:)

Oh shit....apart from the Esprit, we have a Mazda and a BMW, so what the f*** does that make us then? I'm not looking forward to the response on this one!!!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.