Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Window Idea - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

My Jag XJS 88 had an issue with the passenger side window not going up, it would go down fine, but going up was an issue. I took it apart and found that a spring which helped the window go up, had broken loose. Given that the motors in the Esprit look to be identical to the window motors in my 88, wouldn't it be a good idea to connect one of these "window up" springs to the esprit door and window mechanism? Maybe one of the issues has been all along that these motors are week and meant to have help winding the motor up. . . . It would be a very simple matter to put this in. Any thoughts, or anyone tried this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to try to retrofit . . . I am going to use some springs from an XJS. My windows work great down . . but up is like they are lifting 10000 lbs . . . so maybe these springs will give them the boost thay need . . . can anyone comment on a cross ref part for new motors? Arent they jag motors on an 88 . . .