Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Interior Light 1990 SE - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Interior Light 1990 SE

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should just be able to get a small flat blade screwdriver in one side, and then it levers out gently. Shouldn't be any issues here..

Make sure it's turned off of course, as the element in the bulb may break if it's hot. That's how they diagnose which warning lights were on in planes that have crashed!

Many thanks for the info Glyn I will give it a try, the bulb is fine I can switch it on and off but it doesn't work anymore when you open the doors.

Freek

Esprit Freak

The doorswitches are fine, the lights in the doors work. The problem is that somebody who installed the old (and now removed and renewed) alarmsystem made one connection to the purple/white wire going to the interior light very close to the interior light. I think the wire came loose somewhere in the interiorlight when removing the old system. Anyway many thanks for the other ideas.

Freek

Esprit Freak

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed the problem today.

The light came out with some patience and pressure, it was stuck to the leather (not glued) probally because it sat there for ages. As suspected one connection was missing on the light. After some digging around I found the wire and put the spade and put the spade connector on the light and everything is working great now.

Freek

Esprit Freak