Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Best place / Best price to do an Engine change - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Best place / Best price to do an Engine change

sacha

Well, ive got hold of a new engine that has had new camblet, water pump, oil pump etc etc with carbs attached.

Does anyone know the best person, garage, individual etc etc who can swap the engines over?

I dont mind if its someone on the forum who does it on his drive, or a well respected garage.

If anyone could give me some ideas of prices that would be great.

The cars a 1988 early stevens 2.2 N/A

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Dave W has already suggested PNM Engineering. I'd add my recommendation to that. You could also speak to Chris Foulds who I'd think can't be too far away from you (Huddersfield way?).

If the mileage isn't an issue what about the Factory? We get special discounted labour rates from them. Then there's also our resident LEF expert Troy, who trades as Lotus Esprit Restorations.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Hi, well ive just spoken to Sprayforce who have quoted a very very competative price for changing the engine and also the petrol tanks. He said he has experience with esprits so its not like its the first one he has done. Seemed a really nice and helpful guy on the phone.

Ive been to chris foulds before who diagnosed the problem and the price for the engine change is somewhat different B)

If sprayforce cant do it ill ask again, but thanks for the suggestions, and thanks to Dave for the P.M.