Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Club Lotus Stoneleigh Parts Fair MEET - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Club Lotus Stoneleigh Parts Fair MEET

Paul C

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"yeah, great Paul, where are we supposed to park then???" etc!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Might ask you this anyway on the day, just to wind you up.. :P

My vote added to the poll this morning....

One thing...

PLEASE vote in the poll even if you only 'think' you 'might' be going

but will not know until the day. I'd rather have some spare parking

places than have people decide at the last minute and everyones like:

"yeah, great Paul, where are we supposed to park then???" etc!

Cheers!

:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Paul

Our friend is coming in his v8, but he doesn,t use this forum, and I cant have another vote on that poll, so I'm just letting you know.

Thanks

lisa

[MOD= Done! added him to the tally, Paul]

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

Tell him to join the forum and he can vote himself eh!!! :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have tryed Bibs, but he's always working to pay for all his toys :P , have managed to persuade him to take day off to come to stoneleigh with us.

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

Thank for your efforts Paul, have used my vote but Renu is coming as well, so we will bring both Esprits

Howard

[MOD= Added another 1 on there for you, Paul :D ]

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Anyone travelling from the North West fancy going in convoy to the Porridge Pot?

Meet up at Sandbach Services - RAC route planner suggests it will take 1hr 20mins from there. Seems a bit generous for average Esprit speeds!!!

i MAY pop along to see you lot,,,,oh i understand your all REALLY HAPPY now

;):D:):)

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Anyone travelling from the North West fancy going in convoy to the Porridge Pot?

Meet up at Sandbach Services - RAC route planner suggests it will take 1hr 20mins from there.  Seems a bit generous for average Esprit speeds!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David,

I'm North Staffordshire and happy to join a convoy. I posted a route earlier in this thread (I think!). Would prefer to aviod boring motorways if possible though.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

:) Well, Le Bibbo and I (plus the Pingster) should be there. We reckon FGRC will be in the workshop on this occasion so we may be coming in the HSV (helps to have load carrying ability when at a parts fair too).

If by some miracle I get and exhaust on the Pearlster, we could bring her out... oh, wait, no insurance...

;)

Guess it'll be the HSV then...

;)

Spoke to Alan (Club lotus chairman) yesterday at the classic car show, he said he was looking forward to seeing all the esprits arrive and that we had various options for parking, ie outside if weather ok. he also said the elan M100 lot are planning to arrive in convoy as well.

seemed very positive and said club if for the members and we could do what we want. so well done to paul for sorting this out

howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Guest esprit geoff

Shame I can't make it, we've got to go to Cardiff Sunday for a tombstone consecration, friend's mother's. It would have been a great opportunity to sell the Esprit there.

Geoff.

UPDATE:

Have been in contact with Alan through this week. Club Lotus are the only

people using stoneleigh at the weekend so i should be able to secure space

for us undercover AND hopefully a second option of an outside area too, with

us to decide on the day.

Club lotus do not gain access to the site until saturday afternoon, so i'll post properly on saturday night about what we have laid on for us, and how it looks.

Oh, and Alan had secured the Ex- Senna Lotus F1 car for display inside the show!

More later in the week. :lol:

I'm not going to make it as I'm ~7000 miles away, but if anyone see's a rubber shift gaiter boot for a S4s, PLEASE PLEASE buy it for me (as long as its less than $50!) and I'll pay you straight away! I'll also buy any S4s ABS pressure switches you can find (I'll take em all!) GM 88927270 (upgraded part, grey moulding).

Cheers!

Paul

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Guest Troy Halliday

Well folks I will be there but it looks like my little red head will be staying at home in the warm garage ;)

I am so close to finnishing that it makes me sick that I won't be able to bring her.

I have as you know not cut any corners in her restoration and don't intend to let my standards slip now. I may just get her running before Sunday but I am pretty sure she will not be completely finnished. No chance of Club Lotus pushing it backa week is there :lol:

I am going to try and get a load of pictures printed, of her restoration and if I get her started I will get it on the cam corder but I think her unvailing will have to be at another meeting.

Can't tell you how gutted I am. :(

:blink:

REMEMBER TO PUT YOURSELF DOWN AS ATTENDING (EVEN IF IT'S

A MAYBE!!!)ON THE STONELEIGH 'WHO'S GOING' POLL HERE:

http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...?showtopic=1831

Cheers, :P

(Be rude not to, then turn up on the day, park, and someone who did

put their name down can't. I am going for loads of space, as there are

going to be non forum users we hope to trap and bring into the fold,

So there is no real (hopefully) issue with numbers, but knowing

our numbers will be a start.)

I need someone to spy some V8 wheels for me - Pref a set of Saturns or any number of AWIs.

If anyone spots the above plz call me (number in sig) and I will call you back.

Feel free to buy them for me if wish but if not chuck us over to the seller :D

Merci

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Just got back from the venue :lol:

We are parked undercover. I have stuck a load of signs up and have taped

off the area we have been allocated, the doors to it are currently cable tied

shut with 'ESPRITS ONLY' signs either side, so it should be idiot proof this year...

There is LOADS of space.

Take no rubbish from the parking people, we are an exhibit and ALAN MORGAN

has told us where to park. Any of you get there before our convoy then please

rip the ties off the door and open it, and then guard it in case some focus driver

that can't even read goes and parks there. It is (i requested) a non-forum and

non-club specific ESPRIT area, so if you find a newbie that don't know about us

then jump on them and tell them to join!

Karl, clearance is fine, but i have laid a long plank in the gutter over the door

just in case you are too low.

See you all at the porridge pot tomorrow,

Leaving for show 10am sharp :D

PS, traffic light cameras on roundabout as you leave the pub

for the show, so don't go and get points trying to stay in group

(there is 7 miles of dual carrigeway the other side on way to show)

:D

Well, an interesting topic for an introduction, but I here goes!

I have been lurking for quite a while absorbing information, an I am getting closer to being able to afford (and insure!) my dream car. I am hoping to get one in the next few months, ideally an S4S in Azure Blue or Norfolk Mustard.

I shall be heading up for the meet tommorow (although only in a civic atm), so I am looking forward to meeting everyone, and getting a good look at everyone's motors :D

Cheers,

Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg