Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Problem 3 Water Temp Gauge - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Problem 3 Water Temp Gauge

rocket63

Apologies if I am trying anyones patience :mellow:

Ok. Temp gauge works, but only registers just above 40c. Could this also be a sensor problem?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a thing, mine (and the oil temp) reads 20 deg low all the time, even though freescan shows nothing to be amiss. when i had the dash out i should have looked to see if the gauges are adjustable or not. did similar thing on a previous car.

are u getting full boost?

i wasnt, and it turned out some tw@t had fitted a 74 deg thermostat, which will never let the water get hot enough for full boost. ecu needs to see 78 deg c at the blue temperature sensor to give full boost.

theres a thing, mine (and the oil temp) reads 20 deg low all the time, even though freescan shows nothing to be amiss. when i had the dash out i should have looked to see if the gauges are adjustable or not. did similar thing on a previous car.

i wasnt, and it turned out some tw@t had fitted a 74 deg thermostat, which will never let the water get hot enough for full boost. ecu needs to see 78 deg c at the blue temperature sensor to give full boost.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Difficult to tell if I am getting full boost Pete. No Boost gauge in mine. It was deleted on this particular model when they modded the dash. I have freescan, but have not set it up yet.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definately on the right lines with checking if you have full boost. if you cant get above 75 deg then you wont get full boost as pete said.

do you have free scan?

i would think it is the gauge sensor. i had it fail the same way on mine. sometimes it did flick up to the correct temp. i cant believe it would be the thermostat because i dont think it would be able to maintain such a low temperature.

if you have full boost try the sensor to the gauge it is located on the casing of were the thermostat is. it has on wire off it and just unscrews. can be changed without draining the system. cost is about

Definately on the right lines with checking if you have full boost. if you cant get above 75 deg then you wont get full boost as pete said.

do you have free scan?

i would think it is the gauge sensor. i had it fail the same way on mine. sometimes it did flick up to the correct temp. i cant believe it would be the thermostat because i dont think it would be able to maintain such a low temperature.

if you have full boost try the sensor to the gauge it is located on the casing of were the thermostat is. it has on wire off it and just unscrews. can be changed without draining the system. cost is about

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg