Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Clutch - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Clutch

While the motor is out of my car for the B service, I asked the tech's to take a peek at the clutch. It is down to about 10% life left, so I figure I will go ahead and replace it. The question is, do I go with the stock Lotus clutch at around $2000 or is there an upgraded clutch available from somebody else? Centerforce perhaps? IS there anything I need to watch out for during clutch replacement?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Russ, you can bleed your system while you work on the clutch/gearbox -and take a close look what condition the hydraulic-connecting pipe around (above) the LH exhaust system is. mine was 'hardened' an broken because of the heat stresses, and that just after 5 years.

If you mentioned "clutch alternatives" , than take a look in the bell UN-1 gearbox website. He mentioned that AP offers some clutch alternatives , but for that you need to upgrade your gearbox with an Ford style clutch spline.... .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Gold FFM

I've seen an Renault type 21 tooth (for an 24mm spline) friction plate in the AP-parts catalog. But it's an 184 mm race sinter-metallic clutch system . So you have to drill new holes and maybe add an separate/other slave cylinder.

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Hi All,

Usually all the clutch parts are pretty well reusable besides the friction disks. These friction discs are available from stock as single spare parts (they came as a pair) :)

Have a look at the flywheel surface, the pressure-plate surface, the diaphragma spring and the splines. Have everything cleaned properly and dont forget to lubricate the spline. If everything is fine, just get the two new friction discs (around Euro 690,-) and you will be fine

Cheers

Marcus

While the motor is out of my car for the B service, I asked the tech's to take a peek at the clutch. It is down to about 10% life left, so I figure I will go ahead and replace it. The question is, do I go with the stock Lotus clutch at around $2000 or is there an upgraded clutch available from somebody else? Centerforce perhaps? IS there anything I need to watch out for during clutch replacement?

Marcus