Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Classics On The Common - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Classics On The Common

Trevsked

All,

Classics On The Common is on the 30th July (a week Wednesday) from 4pm onwards. Takes place as you would expect on the common in Harpenden between St Albans and Luton. This has been running for 7 or more years I believe and I have been to the last 3. It's a HUGE gathering of classic cars and some say a little too big but you do see stuff not seen elsewhere. Cross section of all sorts.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received this information from the organiser and thought I would paste it here to help anyone going.

Trevor.

Classics on the Common

Wednesday 30th July 2008

Dear Entrant, Forget the downturn in the economy, ignore how much more the petrol has cost you and enjoy yourself. Among regular friends and visitors this years first time entrants include a young man of 18 with his first Mini, a slightly less young man of 80 with a camper van, and entrants driving down from Glasgow and Holland. I hope you all enjoy the evening. Thank you for your entry, with the night rapidly approaching, a final email to advise you all of facilities available on the night. Many of you will have seen similar emails in previous years for some this will be your first Classics on the Common . Please take a minute to read it, There is something new for everyone and some good news. Please ensure that your entry pass is clearly displayed in the windscreen of your car on arrival at the Common, motorbikes please try to display your pass as best you can! Please park as directed by the marshals, if you wish to park with friends please arrive together and we will park you together. Please do not try to save space for later arrivals, this ends up as dead space that no one can use. Vehicles without passes will be directed to the spectator parking area. Spectators For any of your friends, family, or acquaintances who are planning to come down to the Common under their own steam, we would advise that if they are local they are well advised to walk down. For those coming from further away to avoid the heavy traffic they are advised to consider arriving in Harpenden by train which is a short walk from the Common. For those arriving by car, subject to ground conditions, spectator parking will be provided on an area of the Common between Cravells Road and Walkers Road, with entry from Cravells Road and exit onto Walkers Road. A decision on the ground conditions will be made on the day of the event by the Town Council and as long as we can use it it will be signposted. If we are unable to use the area spectators will have to park in the Town or Station car parks. Thanks to the support of Harpenden Town Council Lydekker car park in Sun Lane will be free of charge from 4pm, please note all other car parks will be pay and display as usual as they do not come under the control of Harpenden Town Council. The spectator parking area is not wheelchair accessible, spectators with disabilities are advised to use the Town car parks or disabled bays with level access to the Common. Catering Harpenden High Street can cover most tastes, there will be two catering vans on the Common again this year one serving burgers etc the other serving fish and chips. At the Silver Cup PH they will be doing their usual selection of quality food, they will also have a full bar service outside the pub. There are also several others pubs in the vicinity of the Common who will gladly welcome your trade. Toilets We have resisted putting mobile toilets onto the Common and instead negotiated with all of the Public Houses in the vicinity of the Common and they have kindly agreed that entrants and members of the public are welcome to use their toilets during the course of the event. A list of the pubs follows at the end of this email. There are also public toilets available at the bottom end of the High Street outside Pizza Express. Safety Please drive slowly on the Common, be directed by the marshals, and watch out for pedestrians and picnickers when manoeuvring your car. Admin If your pass has

All,

A great gathering of all things classic. Every year I am amazed at the size of this event and different cars that arrive. Here is a link to just a small selection.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll235/Trevsked/

Trevor.