Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Boost Guage - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Boost Guage

I am-hoping to replumb my boost guage in tonight after the previous owner decided to re-route all the vacuum hose. However quick question. I take it the boost guage taps into the return from the boost control valve? (the pipe going to the wastegate)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am-hoping to replumb my boost guage in tonight after the previous owner decided to re-route all the vacuum hose. However quick question. I take it the boost guage taps into the return from the boost control valve? (the pipe going to the wastegate)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no no no :o

it comes off the plenum. you should have a hose there already if you have a boost gauge. it has a little plastic nipple :o the hose comes off there and goes to the boost sender which is located in the rear offside quater panel, by the ecu, the carpeted bit. you can tap in off there or if you dont have an original manufacture boost gauge just put the hose straight off the nipple to your gauge?

does that make sense?

think i just confused my self.

dont have a picture but im sure someone has.

do not use map plumbing or boost hose to/from the actuator

dave

Ok I am glad I asked the question :o

I have the original boost guage but all the hosing is all going to the wrong places I think. When I got the car the hose coming from the turbo designed to go into the top of the boost control valve (I think thats what its called - its the one on the far left of the fuse/solenoid box) was actually not going there at all but to a vacuum hose which disappeared through a hole near the fuel tank. Disconnecting from this hose and reconnecting it where it should be (top part of the valve) has stopped the guage from working but has solved my boosing issues as I can now go to the red line. This is why I assumed the hose should be plumbed back into the side which goes back to the wastegate.

Sorry to be a pain but where is this nipple located? I have some hose on order which I am going to use to extend this mystery pipe which goes down by the fuel tank which I am assuming drives the guage

Edited by Blue4Ice

Like Dave said, it is a black plastic nipple. Located at the rear of plenum cover (the orange one that has word "TURBO" serrounded by rectangular). Boost sender is near ECU. You've to remove trim panel rear quarter carpet RH then you will see it. (if it's still there??)

Like Dave said, it is a black plastic nipple. Located at the rear of plenum cover (the orange one that has word "TURBO" serrounded by rectangular). Boost sender is near ECU. You've to remove trim panel rear quarter carpet RH then you will see it. (if it's still there??)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right I will have a gander in the bay tonight. I think the boost sender is still there as that is probably what that pipe that diappears near the fuel tank is. I just need to find the intake plenum. I should miss the word TURBO :o Is it near the charge cooler (not the rad bit the piece on top of the engine)

B)

While a lotus follows lots of conventional wisdom there are areas that Lotus beats to it's own drum which is why you REALLY need a manual BEFORE you start playing around with anthing on the engine. Mistakes i.e. wrong line connnected to the wrong thing can cost you dearly $$$$.

Get a picture of the vacuum diagram from a manual and save yourself lots of frustration, headaches and $$, and do it right the first time.

By the way, the hook up for the boost guage should be the port located in the rear portion of the intake plenum box. NOT the vacuum line going to the turbo waste gate acutator.

Thanks alot all for your help. I found the nipple on the intake plenum. In fact there was already another piece of hose attached to it which was dangling in the engine bay! :P:P

With this now connected to the right place the guage works a treat! :)

Ireplaced my stock boost gauge with a revotec vacuum gauge. It is far more accurate than the standard lotus one as that used a sender unit rather than pure vacuum. It was far more accurate in setting up my boost controller etc and was fairly easy to fit.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160