Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Not again! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Not again!

Another 1mph "touch" with the transit van parked up my arse this morning.

The plastic bumper deforms perfectly but the paint on the corner simply comes of in a chunk. This is the third time I have had to paint the bumper for "normal" london parking manouveres. I only had it painted two months ago

Is paintwork meant to be this brittle??

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the paint on the rubber bumper covers is supposed to have a flexibility agent in it to allow it to flex more than it would for the rest of the fiberglass panels.

Did the last paint shop add the flex agent?

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I used to work for the company that painted Lotus bumpers, it's right what Vulcan Grey said, all bumpers should have a flexing agent, 1mph should not cause flaking of paint, just a scuff mark.

Owen