Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oooops I bought an Elise - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oooops I bought an Elise

mwmackenzie

I made a spurr of the moment purchase the other day... ooops I bought an S1 111s Elise in titanium :sofa: as I think my esprit will be off the road for a wee while getting the engine sorted, I'm getting the engine to another builder this week so hopefully it'll alls tert to move along soon. As much as I love my esprit, this wee car is great fun! It has nowhere near the poke the Esprit has but I've already been bitten by the bug that cost me so much with the Esprit... Damn it!!! So far I have bought a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, grooved brake discs, a cat by-pass and a janspeed exhaust, just need to sort out the induction and that'll see me until the Esprit is sold and then the head work will begin.... It's really cheap to run too, I got 87 miles to

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY cool Mark. I think an Elsie may be on my shopping list once I've finished paying for Lottie (I really MEANT to flog the Jag, but never got round to it). I drove a couple of S2 cars around the track at Hethel and Norfolk lanes when I was making my Lotus video for Duke - loved them to bits...just SO raw.

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

S1 Elises do indeed ROCK!

Nearly 140,000 miles on mine now - everyday car - no major work - and still returns 46 odd mpg on my run to Beaconsfield...

They are Seriously FUN cars - and S1s a real bargain (prefer the handling of the S1 - as well as the looks - but, yes, S2s are better built.

Good purchase IMHO B)

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Mark,

Lovely looking car especially in that colour. :) I am sure you will have grrreat fun with it while your Esprit is off the road.

I had an '02 Elise S2 which I sold 3 years ago and realised how much I missed it when I went to the factory for the Driver Training Experience and threw the factory cars around the track. A completely different kettle of fish from the Esprit. I vowed I would have another Elise someday and don't mind owning up to the fact I now have the Supercharged S2 to share the garage with the Esprit.

Elise009.jpg

Very nice Brian! Where in Fife are you mate, I live in Edinburgh but work in Dunfermline. The SC must be great fun? That's a fine Lotus collection you have there mate!!!

I'm shocked to say the least about the costs of running the Elise, VVC means 2 belts and the belt service is only

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

very nice Mark!!!!!

i had a titanium S1 when they where new - totally superb and i wish i had never sold it!!!...and i've been seriously considering another since having to chop off the GT3 :cheers: assuming i can get some more work over winter.......

once did calais to perpignan in 11hrs and 3 tanks of gas......cking awsome.....

ENJOY!

Cheers - jim

Very nice Brian! Where in Fife are you mate, I live in Edinburgh but work in Dunfermline. The SC must be great fun? That's a fine Lotus collection you have there mate!!!

I'm shocked to say the least about the costs of running the Elise, VVC means 2 belts and the belt service is only