Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 350 magnesium alloy wheels - Page 3 - Sport 350 Technical - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 350 magnesium alloy wheels

williamives

• Gold FFM

Mike, the old set of wheels arived today -that's all fine (any reason to go for the smaller 225/275 optionon a V8 ??)

But the magnesium is 'open' on those mentioned sections -so I need to cover up that as soon as possible, even if it means I can not repaint it under 'anaerobic atmosphere'

Scott -what type of RAL or whatever it is was used? -there is some metallic flakes within the grey/silver ?!

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I had the paint made up to match as close as possible to the original paint colour from a company that makes alloy wheel paint, so there is no code.

I do have a little left if you want me to send some over to you?

Give me a call if you need some on 01793 887222

regards

Scott

• Gold FFM

what color is the one that you have left over ..as for example the rear LH (the 10"one) is painted in strange two tone on the inside rim-base.

The punctural curbing on the front-lefthand and front right caused a lot of infiltration effects and seperation on the black Magnesium oxide bed

(it was not loose paint on 'untouched primer' as advertised, as there seems to be no 'primer' sort of thing at all -just really heavy layer of paint who have been gone in chips & flaking .. :) )

What does the post service & paint cost that has been left over ? If the paint is really not 'specifically' a standart *RAL* or 'car manufacturer' paint code -think in this case it is cheaper to go to a paint supplier shop with a 'color code scanner' sort of think (simmilar to the one used on home depot stores..?!) to mix up a can :)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 3 years later...