Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Low Fuel Warning Light - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Low Fuel Warning Light

I have noticed recently that the low fuel warning light is not coming on when the fuel gauge needle is showing almost empty. I swapped the bulb with another one on the panel that I knew was working and it is OK.

I don't want to risk letting the tanks go empty to check if the light comes on, so are there any suggestions as to how I can check if that circuit is working or not?

Brian

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My fuel guage used to show empty long before my fuel light would come on, I used to use the light to tell me when she needed filling and the guage as a rough idea how much was in there.

Hey, can anyone smell fuel?????

The light used to come on when the neeedle was a shade above empty.

I had thought about playing chicken and carrying spare fuel in case I ran out.....but can't really bring myself to let the tanks go that low.

I vaguely remember talking to RobC in the dim and distant past about this and he said that he carried a jerry can in the front boot. After the gauge went to empty he managed another 70 miles before the light came on.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350