Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG First Autumn Run - Page 2 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG First Autumn Run

OwenGT3

Owen & Tracy - Esprit GT3

Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

James - goodness only knows! (This will say Esprit Turbo SE by the time the event is here! )

Simonf - " " " " !!! (This will say Esprit Turbo by the time the event is here! )

Kimbers - not in an Esprit S4 but pax in an Elan :)

Dave F - SE Turbo

Graeme - Stevens Esprit Turbo

Revolt - Elise mk1 (SELOC - James)

KCB - Elise mk1 (SELOC - Karen & Paul)

Guess the wife's birthday plans have altered somewhat :)

Dave.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may turn up for one last quick drive but that is the day someone is coming to see my car, in the PM so may spend the day cleaning it.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

This meeting isn't too far away now, a week from this Sunday, so just wondered if there were anymore takers regarding this trip? As I see it this is the list so far:

Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

James - ? (Starter sorted James? you can borrow my old one if you need one just to get you out of trouble, it does, sort of, occassionally needing a tap to work! :lol: )

Simonf - ? (Is your car usable or in bits again? )

Kimbers - not in an Esprit S4 but pax in an Elan

Dave F - SE Turbo

Marvin, Mustard98, Ralph, fightingtorque or any of the cambridge crowd? Nifty, what about the Seven crowd? I will encourage some of the EALC members next Monday at the October meeting to hopefully come along as well.

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

James - ? (Starter sorted James? you can borrow my old one if you need one just to get you out of trouble, it does, sort of, occassionally needing a tap to work! :lol: )

Dave F - SE Turbo

ShaunM - M100 S2 (LEC)

Hi everyone, definitely looking forward to joining you for this. I know this route very well, as my parents have a place at Hemsby and I've driven Norwich to Hemsby on average once a month for the last 15 years! The route is great, but I think you are missing a trick on this one. The bit I've highlighted in red is one of the THE best feel-good roads in Norfolk for driving on. Although it looks quite dull on the map, if anyone has driven this small piece of road, they will know it dips up and down for the first 1/3rd and then twists constantly for the rest. You are elevated too, so have a clear view for some daring overtaking or just swing from side to side as the road twists.

roadtomartham.jpg

I don't want to interfere with the plans, but it is possible to go down this stretch of road, follow the green arrow and come back along it for a second time and then continue with the route as planned. Funnily enough, I was describing this piece of road to the Elan boys when we went for a trip to southwold on the saturday of Lotus' 60th.

Either way, I'm looking forward to meeting you all on the 19th.

See you all there.

Edited by ShaunM

I will encourage some of the EALC members next Monday at the October meeting to hopefully come along as well.

No, no, no, please don't .. we want to got for a drive, not a trundle followed by an in depth analysis of the change over from imperial to metric thread sizes on the '88 Excel !!!!!

Edited by Nifty

Keep off the straight and narrow

Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

James - ? (Starter sorted James? you can borrow my old one if you need one just to get you out of trouble, it does, sort of, occassionally needing a tap to work! )

Dave F - SE Turbo

ShaunM - M100 S2 (LEC)

Freddie - SE Turbo Highwing

Goner try and make this one guys, since it is my birthday on the 20th, never taken my esprit on a proper hoon, just got to check with the curly hared one that the day is free.

Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

James - ? Is it gonna be the Red one?

Simonf - Esprit Turbo

Dave F - SE Turbo

ShaunM - M100 S2 (LEC)

Gerry & Sue - Esprit S4s (EALC)

Any more takers, AEG members or anyone?

Owen

Someone is down Sunday afternoon to look and possibly buy my car so I will be spending the day polishing. Sorry guys.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Why don't you bring the potential buyer with you on the run. What better way to demonstrate what owning an Esprit is about, plus you would get one last run with the group in the Esprit, would be nice to include it in the Cromer cliffs photo shoot, I understand the weather should be on our side.

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

James - ? Is it gonna be the Red one?

Simonf - Esprit Turbo

Dave F - SE Turbo

ShaunM - M100 S2 (LEC)

Gerry & Sue - Esprit S4s (EALC)

Any more takers, AEG members or anyone?

Owen

Yeah me, as posted above :innocent: in the Red Elan as Shaun is wearing Yellow!

Also DaveT from LEC/AEG in a Steel Blue Elan.

Dave.

I will try Owen. He's not coming up till about 4 though and I need to give her a poish first.

Hi,

Just been over to SELOC and this run looks to have swelled in attendees, the weather has bought the Elise and Exiges out!

1.Owen & Tracy - Esprit GT3

2.Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

3.James - ? Is it gonna be the Red one?

4.Simonf - Esprit Turbo

5.Dave F - SE Turbo

6.Graeme - Stevens Esprit Turbo

7.KCB - Elise mk1 (SELOC - Karen & Paul)

8.ShaunM - M100 S2 (LEC)

9.Freddie - SE Turbo Highwing

10.Gerry & Sue - Esprit S4s (EALC)

11.DaveT from LEC/AEG in a Steel Blue Elan

12.Lawrence5 135R (SELOC)

13.Steve (SELOC) maybe in his Esprit V8 :-D

14.bobsan Elise S2 (SELOC) tempted, very, all about the weather really

15.nigelayres (SELOC) Weather looks promising!

16.forge Europa S (SELOC) will join you if its dry!

17.Firenze Elise S2 (SELOC) Should be there

18.nigelayres Elise 135R - Elise Sport 160 (SELOC)

Kimbers - Maybe? - Clean it Saturday and attend this run Sunday, might be your last chance for a blast in her. :D

We will actually be parking up nearer to Pizza Hut just beyond Sainsbury's. If you haven't visited this site before, go down to the roundabout and around the back of Sainsbury's this way you miss the high speed bumps. take the first left and you will see Pizza Hut after you have passed Sainsbury's, we will be parked up around the front.

I will print maps up for the event. The pit stop will more than likely be at the Light House Inn which was suggested by Grog from SELOC.

Meeting up time is 10am with a depart time of around 10.30-ish

See you all Sunday, and don't forget your cameras for hopefully a good photo shoot once we park up at Cromer Cliffs, also money, not only for the lovely Cromer fish and chips, but the cliff car park is pay and display, no surpirse there!

Owen

Sorry, my mistake, and I added your mate as well! I think I thought Dave F in the list was you for some reason and what made me think you were in there. Now added. :D

1.Owen & Tracy - Esprit GT3

2.Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

3.James - ? Is it gonna be the Red one?

4.Simonf - Esprit Turbo

5.Dave F - SE Turbo

6.Graeme - Stevens Esprit Turbo

7.KCB - Elise mk1 (SELOC - Karen & Paul)

8.ShaunM - M100 S2 (LEC)

9.Freddie - SE Turbo Highwing

10.Gerry & Sue - Esprit S4s (EALC)

11.DaveT from LEC/AEG in a Steel Blue Elan

12.Lawrence5 135R (SELOC)

13.Steve (SELOC) maybe in his Esprit V8 :-D

14.bobsan Elise S2 (SELOC) tempted, very, all about the weather really

15.nigelayres (SELOC) Weather looks promising!

16.forge Europa S (SELOC) will join you if its dry!

17.Firenze Elise S2 (SELOC) Should be there

18.nigelayres Elise 135R - Elise Sport 160 (SELOC)

19.Dave Eds - M100 Elan :P

Kimbers - Maybe? - Clean it Saturday and attend this run Sunday, might be your last chance for a blast in her.

ok guys, this trip for me might be in doubt, I have the wife's family coming over sunday, so if I am able it will be just for the first part, considering the cost of fuel, that it is also creating problems with the dark haired curly one. As rough estimates put it at

Chaps,

I hope to be with you but wish to watch the GP before coming.

The programme is 7.00am to 10.05am, so it is unlikely that the GP will finish much before 10am.

Half an hour to Longwater is possible assuming no hiccups and I fuel up tonight.

I also have the issue of the slipping clutch ... if it appears to be getting worse I may turn round and head home because I've more than enough to do than sit on the side of the road waiting for the RAC.

I was actually going to go on the L7C run but just discovered that my MOT ran out in July !!!!!!

(For some reason I thought it was October !!)

Keep off the straight and narrow

You're as bad as me.

I was starting to think mine must be getting close back in the end of September, I remember the car being tested on the Thursday before the 2006 factory day, so assuming I had it tested within the last valid 28 days, it would be due at the start of October.

Not so, I finally found out an approx 24th September that the thing ran out on the 20th September , so the MOT station must have not put the additional days on (probably the change form manual to computerised certificates).

OOPS

go down to the roundabout and around the back of Sainsbury's this way you miss the high speed bumps

Spot on there! Don't turn into sainsbury's but go straight on as Owen says.

The first bump is a ****er. I went over it at about 3 mph last weekend and thought the car was going to fall to pieces just like in a wacky races cartoon!

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Edited by ShaunM