Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pictures of my efforts so far - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Pictures of my efforts so far

Guest Troy Halliday

Guest Troy Halliday

I have just got one of those online photo albums and have put some of the pics of my Esprit on it.

I am sending the chasis of tommorow to get shot blasted along with the wishbones ect, I'll post some pics of that when I get it back.

oh and here's the link My Photo album

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just got one of those online photo albums and have put some of the pics of my Esprit on it.

I am sending the chasis of tommorow to get shot blasted along with the wishbones ect, I'll post some pics of that when I get it back.

oh and here's the link My Photo album

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Troy :rolleyes:

Nice pics.

A good resource for anyone with an S3, well done.

There's a guy near me who's restoring an '85 turbo (chassis off restoration),

I should be helping him lower his body on soon, which i'm looking forward to.

He does not use the forums much but i'll show/send him your link. If you wanna be in touch with someone doing the same thing as you then say and i'll pass your E-mail on (or send you his). But only if you want. :angry:

Guest Troy Halliday

Ah a fellow idiot always good to know your not the only one :angry:

Your welcome to send him my email address. I kind of wish I had held out for a Turbo now :D I must admit they look a lot sexier than the NA. I did toy with the idea of Putting a turbo in and a turbo body kit but I'm trying my hardest to resist all temptation to stray away from the path. The little things I'm changing will be easily changed things, things like clear idicators on the front and side (if I can get some) I'm remaking the dash in Burr Walnut and getting the same clocks but in Magnolia to match my Ivory interior.

The colour will also not be standard, I think there is a pic of the colour int the album. I'm gonna try to get the guys that mix it to mix it with gold flake instead of silver to see if it will make it a bit more coppery.

As usaul Xmas has come at the wrong time, less people want building work done over the holidays and I have to spend my chasis component money on bloody crimbo presents ............... HUMBUG! ................ sorry had to get that out of my system :angry:

I am desperately trying to get my car ready for Le Mans next year, as long as I can get enough money rolling in there should be no problem. But then again every time I read a magazine or scan the web I seem to spend more money............. well plan to spend more money :rolleyes:

Great site !

I looked through the images with interest as I would LOVE to do something like this sometime, not necessarily to restore but as a project track car (nice to get mine back 1st though).

Anyone who takes on such a project is getting more than respect, looks like lots of hard work but great fun.

B)

Guest Troy Halliday

I am really enjoting it but will be glad to get the workshop clean again, there is blue dust everywhere. With me be 5'6" ish the garage is now being called Smurfland. I'm hoping to drag the body out this weekend, wash it off and clean up the garage again.

Just contacted the people who will be shot blasting the car and they will not be able to do it until after the holidays. The upside is that to shotblast it and Zinc coat it will sot me about

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Troy Halliday

Well the chassis has been sent of to be shot blasted and zinc coated. It should be back on Wednesday, while I was there I picked up some shot for my blast cabinet so that I could do all the little parts like hinges, engine mounts, brackets and just about anything else that has rust or needs tarting up.

I have finnished sanding down the body, and bought the primer so I'm all set to load on some paint :rolleyes:

I was going to primer up the body today but it was a bit to windy and I would at least have to have the door open a jar to let some of the fumes out. Only 2K systems contain Isosianates which are very, very bad for you. I did buy a brand new mask but I've still gota see what I'm doing.

I will be sending of for all of my new polyurethane bushes, trunions, uprights, bolts, bearings, ball joints and the like.

I'm still checking out a few new options on break upgrades and suspension. I was thinking of going for PNM's break upgrade and Gaz Coil Over suspension all over.

Guest Troy Halliday

I've added a few more pics to my online album. They are of the parts that I have shot blasted ready to be painted and refitted. I'll add more here as soon as I get them done.

Wow - looks fantastic - they look like new ;)

I'd love to have that done to large parts of my rusting gear :rolleyes:

Edited by evil_dr_fish

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif