Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evening with Alex Roy in California - USA - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evening with Alex Roy in California

fmxa

For anyone in SoCal this should be a great evening.

An Evening of Driving Fast (legally or illegally) with Alex Roy and guest appearance by Tony Adamowicz:

We all do it

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that book and while I do not think what he did was anything worthwhile like the cannonball, it was somewhat entertaining, but also boring at times. Brok Yate's book is 100times better...

Times have changed and you simply cannot get away with what they did in the 70's and early 80's...Roy needed to use planes to check the road ahead...that is not even on the same level as the the cannonball...

I am really interested in seeing the historic aspects of the film as it covers quite a bit of the US express... the race that followed the cannonball...

Jason

• 1 month later...

Just got back from this event and I have to say Alex Roy is an incredibly charismatic and funny guy. He and Corey Welles showed clips from the unreleased movie 32hrs 7 mins (http://www.32hours7minutes.com/) covering the history of the Cannonball, US Express and other cross country races, and clips of his record breaking drive from NY to LA in 31 hours 4 seconds!

Alex will try and setup a preview of the movie for us, and I'll post it up once I hear.

cimg0924vs0.jpg

cimg0930az8.jpg

cimg0934qk9.jpg

cimg0931xo6.jpg

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Sounds like it was surely a good time!

There are quite a bit of electronics in the car! That would be awesome if you could arrange to have a preview of the movie here.I am really interested in the US Express. I had not heard much of this at all until I read his website.

Have a good one!

Jason