Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Esprit Forum - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit Forum

WayneB

Got thinking about this the other day when I was on at about 11.00 pm our time and noticed some of the Euros were still up at 4/5am! ;)

I reckon I average out at about 10 -14 hours a week! :)

(Dial up internet) ;)

hal.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on how much downtime I have to spend at the computer room at school... I usually check all my computer stuffs before I leave home... I'll be gone in about 10 minutes.

probly the same 10-14, though spread out over the day in a few 5 minute spurts...

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I have been away for some time, but when I was quite "active" it's easily over 10hours a week. First in the morning at work :) and evening at home...or whole day at work and evening at home ;) ...oops better clear that last statement.

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Well that's a toughy.

I leave the forum running all day at work (07:30 - 17:00). :)

And refresh every half hour.

At night pretty much the same (17:30 - 23:00).

so that makes it 15 hours / day ;)

+ weekends - that's another 15 hours.

So in total about 90 hours / week

---

So how do I rate on the 'You're a Sad Bastard' meter. ;)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Probably not as high as Evil Dr. Fish! :P:);)

My computer goes on in the morning for an hour to do emails......

an hour at lunch.....

.....couple of hours at night

You guys who have it on at work are smart, as technically you are getting paid to post on here. :);):(

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Cliff I would love to replace the dial up, but where I live this is all we can get! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about broadband connection from satellite? Anyone got any experience from these, I have heard they worked pretty well.

Quote a lot of the more isolated villages around the UK have gone down that route - clubbed together and split the cost between them...

mm_menu_r2_c1.jpg

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

How about broadband connection from satellite? Anyone got any experience from these, I have heard they worked pretty well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use satellite internet service at home. It's expensive (about twice the price of cable plus $600 to install). It sometimes goes down in bad weather and it's definitely slower than cable. Sometimes we think we would be just as well of with dial-up but probably we're wrong there.

If it's the only choice, and you want some speed over dial-up see if you can try it at someone's houes who has it already.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Yeah, I've been a bit slack there.

The car's in bits again while I change the head gasket. When it's back together and clean.

In the meantime, what about this?

BenTurpinMar20.jpg

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Mmm. Depends. Minimum 7 hours a week and upwards. If i have a problem with the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who knows ;)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they work well until the clouds start showing up and it starts to rain!

they work well until the clouds start showing up and it starts to rain!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it really that accurate? I have satellite dish and watch digital broadcasts with it, no problems with rain or snow. I watch broadcasts from many satellites and if signal from some satellite is weak then rain means problems.

Our satellite internet isn't affected by rain too much. It has to be really heavy. Snow isn't good and wind can affect it. It's not as reliable as satellite TV because it has to send signals to the satellite rather than just receive them and, I think, this is where it fails.