Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cool Part / Question - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cool Part / Question

Hello everybody,

As the winter is approaching and the motoring will be less the time has come to repair/renew/convert my AC installation. Can someone let me know what type of AC Compressor they have in their R134a refrigirated AC car. It is probably a Sanden SD5H14 compressor but I like to know for sure.

Many thanks in advance,

Freek Muurling

reason for edit: changed probable compressor type

Edited by fjmuurling

Esprit Freak

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually a common Sanden SD-508, but that comes in different variations. The two model # listed on the interchange are 9036 or 4509.

The real pain-in-the-rear part is the Reciever/dryer...as the common Parker-Hannifin OEM model that looks to be an exact interchange for the Esprit part has an o-ring assembly vs. the flare fitting of the Esprit. I've been unable to come up with an interchange for it or a o-ring to flare adapter.

Hope that helps,

Chandra

thx for your reply Chandra, the SD 508 is an R12 unit the SD5H14 is an R134a unit. I will be replacing the compressor, the condensor the hoses and the drier in my car because I have a major leak in the condensor and the compressor. While fixing the system i will switch to R134a.

Freek

Check Ramspott & Brandt for a drier item# 11217. clicky

Esprit Freak

I've read that the Sanden SD5H14 is the R134a successor to the SD508 series. I hear that it is more robust (more suited to the new gas).

I'm thinking of changing mine, also.... as soon as I find out where all my leaks are :)

Cheers.

Ian

http://www.sanden.com/index.php?id=U5H0AMX7Q

Edited by Qavion