Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lucas Constant Energy Pickup - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lucas Constant Energy Pickup

910Esprit

Hi

I have a 'new' misfire that is not the standard idle/progression to mains at 3000RPM. The misfire feels electrical and is accompanied by the rev counter fluctuating. N.B. Disconnecting the rev counter does not cure the problem.

I have substituted coil, ignition amplifier, leads and plugs but no change.

I therefore suspect the ignition 'pick up' in the distributor - even though this reads the correct Ohms and seems fine if heat it up and 'wiggle' the leads. (As it does not have vacuum advance, it has not suffered from the internal broken wire syndrome).

Few Questions - Has anyone had a similar problem - especially the rev counter going mad, was it the pickup?

Anyone know the lucas part number of the pickup? or any 'ordinary' cars that used the same part, that could easily be found in scrapyard?

If anyone in UK has a spare, I may be interested to buy or borrow!

cheers Steve

Edited by 910Esprit

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a similar problem. The rev counter dances around when I accelerate but is OK at steady revs and this happens all the while but the car drives fine. If I drive over 80 to 100 miles, sometimes a misfire starts and the care will not accelerate - if you then leave it for an hour or two it is 90% of the time fine.

I normally do less than 100 miles so I have not fixed it.

Any ideas?

Ed

I had a Luminition system on one of my other cars a while ago. (Capri RS 3100)

It was alot of trouble , never that relyable would quit running or engine would not start. :lol:

Changed it 3 times with no improvement :D

Eventually went to a Pirana system, and had no further probs :D

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Why not eliminate all the hassle and poss. of fire altogether? Install an Electromotive crank triggered system. You can change your advance curves, rev limit etc. !! Pull the dist. completly out and keep the entire unit set up and ready for re-install in the unlikely event the Electromotive unit fails. I've had mine now for the first 600 mi on my rebuild and it is the BEST mod to date!!!