Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4s ABS pressure switch - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S4s ABS pressure switch

Hi all, I'm in dire need (as are about 5 others in the US) of the ABS pressure switch on the Delco ABS system GM 88927270 (upgraded part, grey moulding). I've tried all the usual places (US & UK) and come up empty, so if anyone has one or knows of any, please let me know.

Cheers!

Paul

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ian - I'm now hearing conflicting reports if this GM part will work, don't suppose you know anyone who's used one?

Paul

Hi Ian - I'm now hearing conflicting reports if this GM part will work, don't suppose you know anyone who's used one?

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry I don't and I don't know where this cross reference came from either. If someone has tried this and it is not the correct cross then I'd be grateful if they could yet me know so that I can correct the file.

Most of the cross references have been drawn from other sites (with permission) or from my personal experience, or from infor posted on forums. Obviously I can only vouch for the ones I have personal experience on and this isn't one of them - sorry!

What's the return policy like on GMpartsdirect? Could you give it a go to find out and return it if it is not correct?

Cheers, Ian

Ian

Hi Ian,

Their return policy isn't that good; it's claimed to be a "special item" - if you buy it, it's yours, and they won't want it back! Plus $35 for shipping on a little switch is a bit steep!

Don't really won't to spend $200 on spec, so I'm going to wait until I get comfirmation it's a good replacement before buying.

BTW the cross-ref sheet is excellent, nice work!

Paul

I decided to take a chance (albeit a very expensive one!) and dropped $200 on the pressure switch. I'll let you know if it works!

I decided to take a chance (albeit a very expensive one!) and dropped $200 on the pressure switch.  I'll let you know if it works!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Paul

I dont know where you are located but the last 2 (yes 2 ) pressure switches i have fitted to my S4s were only

Simplest things first.

• 1 month later...
I decided to take a chance (albeit a very expensive one!) and dropped $200 on the pressure switch.  I'll let you know if it works!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paul, did it work?

DanR

Paul, did it work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it worked! :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

ABS light was on (well, flashing on and off) and after being hooked up to a TEC1 it was either the pressure switch or accumulator. Place I took it to said it was the switch and sure enough it was.