Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit V6 Turbo project car - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit V6 Turbo project car

alan

What have they done to this 78 Esprit!?!

V6 Esprit

To quote

car needs a lot of electrical work due to the fact that the interior is not the original one......the dash board is out of an oldsmobile.the previous owner did alot of alterations to the car some good , some bad.since I've owned it I have rebuilt the trans.....had a turbocharger installed by ron loomis racing in orange county ca........it has new tires ....in the right hands the car has alot of potential.

the car is very fast .....I just don't have the time or the money to finish the car.the engine is a ford 3.8 liter v-6 some guys put 3.5 liter buick engines in them.....I've invested alot of money in to it .it's time for someone else to finish it .....it is a project car remember that before you bid on it......other alterations also include removal of the pop up lights,they are now on the grill.....it has loovers in front of the rear tires....

the previous owner had alot of good concepts for the car but his quality of work was not the best.the vehicle woud have to be towed ...the car runs but it needs a thermostat....it gets a little warm sometimes . Can contact me

Also found this about it!

Clicky

Alan

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the second report on it...!! Somebody should tell Joachimhief about this, he's done so well with the convertible, a V6 turbo with an Oldsmobile dash sounds just up his street...!!!

Must be the credit crunch/recession biting, people selling off their prized custom rides.....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Bit of false advertising really - No longer an Esprit.

Watching the 'Spy who loved me' again always makes me thing I bought the wrong Esprit (considering I'm a tinkerer) - then you see what this cretin has done to what is, an ultra rare, icon and fantastic car in it's own right. Sure the early car could do with some more welly esp in contrast to todays cars (even I was thinking that) but wishing it was a ferrari.........

Another waste of a fantastic car if you ask me - hopefully someone will put it out of its missery or it can be used to keep another car going with the parts.

Really gets on my wick seeing this.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Oh dear . . . now I'm wondering what he has set the reserve price at. And then the engine bay!!! :) The turbo plumbing looks like it's straight out of a marine engineroom. It's very unfortunate that we're seeing cars like this (the roadster comes to mind) that have been ruined. Being in the market for a project myself, it pains me to see the direction many owners have taken with their cars.

I cant say anything really on converting the old esprits, but if your going to do it, it should be be done within reason, The main worry for me

about this car is look at where that big fat turbo is, right next to the fuel tank! no heat sheilding round the turbo and the guy has removed the

engine bay surround so there is a good chance of a fire! Also I can never understand why people get rid of the pop up headlights they are

why i love the esprit!

rant over regards danny

Edited by silverfrost

A

I have to say that it's a neat idea. I don't know what I feel about the body work yet, and the dash is horrendous! but the 3.8l Chevy powerplant is absolutely bulletproof -- And I pretty much hate everything domestic, so that's saying a lot. If I had the money right now, and the time (of which, I have neither) I would consider it for fun...

eek.. I'm going against the grain :(

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

isn't there a Car out in the motor world, that has similar designs as the Esprit, but without the pop-up lights, was it a kit car?

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Another waste of a fantastic car if you ask me - hopefully someone will put it out of its missery or it can be used to keep another car going with the parts.

not sure there's any Lotus parts left to keep another car going... :(

I believe the expression is "Ambition has exceeded Ability". Which is where a vast number of incomplete projects come from. A good friend of mine bought a MK11 Jag to restore, his toll kit comprised of a screwdriver and a pair of pliers! (You can feel cheap incomplete project coming on.)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

This is a tragic case of why original is best! What a shame. :(

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer