Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stuff for sale in Canada for Canadians - Canada - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Stuff for sale in Canada for Canadians

88ESPRIT

Anybody interested in having a post where stuff you may have for sale can be shared with fellow Esprit owners in CANADA? I have been looking for things but the frieght across the pond has made a lot of my projects or intentions be put on hold. But maybe somebodies got some stuff for sale. Post it and lets see who wants and buys across CANADA.

nadaSerge

P.S. What is going on, everybody is so quiet?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bibs,

Thanks for that but everthing listed there is out of the UK. SO EXPENSIVE to ship to Canada. I was hoping to motivate some of the Canadians to dust off some of their parts and list them so that if i was interested I could buy, but other esprit owners out there in Canada maybe interested too.

I see lots of good stuff on the UK side of the site, but cry when I get the frieght bill. Its so frustrating. A spoiler for you costs 172, it costs me more than 600. Thats why I am trying to get Canadians to sell their stuff they may not want.

Serge

Canada

My apologies Bibs, I wasnt aware of breaking any rules. If I was, accept my apologies. I am just trying to find a cost sensible way for Canadians like myself to get parts and accessories for our Esprits.

Serge

Don't sweat it dude, you've broken no rules! To be fair, hopefully this thread will encourage some people to have a dig through their garages. If they are already contributing to LEF, they can place certain ads for free and hopefully get some parts active and on the market.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya Serge! I buy almost nothing in the UK.. I use Richmond Auto Clinic, Ebay, JAE Parts.. my local parts store has lots of the parts as well.. don't forget.. most of the parts on the car (mechanically) are from other manufacturers..

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Hi Mark,

I was begining to think that I was the only person watching this canadian site anymore. It is dead, dead, dead on here. I have ordered some stuff from Richmond, but I have a garage problem so working on my cars been a bitch. I havent been able to get a thing done yet. I am so pissed about this.

I was hoping to get some spoiler stuff, side sills, but have abandonded the idea. Too expensive from Europe, and there is nothing in Canada or USA it seems. I got a carbon fiber roof panel and thats been the extent of my modifications so far.

Whats happening in your world lately? Hows John, Andie and the rest of the gang down there?

Serge

Well Serge.. the Canadian site activity is low because it's winter really.. Meetings and such have been low on the idea list lately. Work is UBER busy and I have both of Johns cars in my shop, as well as mine... so, I haven't been planning or thinking of any LEF Canada stuff to do lately. John is doing well, even though they are short staffed at the hospital. Andi is still working with us at the dealership. Dave is working 5 days a week and Gary hasn't worked in forever -- temporary layoffs at his company.. We still all get together, for the most part, every sunday out at the shop though... and occasionally during the week. It's funny, how, when the dealership is "slow" that the work load triples... One never stops making calls and trying to drum up business at this time of the year... Plus.. I'm also helping plan our wedding for this summer (smallish... 50 people)... AND planning our vacation in February... Aye... it's a lot...

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Plus.. I'm also helping plan our wedding for this summer (smallish... 50 people)... AND planning our vacation in February... Aye... it's a lot...

you say it like your doing her a favor by including yourself in the planning

tell me now have you picked your best man yet or is it still gonna be picking a name out of a hat, the day of

and im not sure if that trip will count as a vacation although i can see it being fun

• 1 month later...

Would it be worth it to get a master list together of what a few guys need at one time to save on shipping from the UK? I do agree Serge that its crazy expensive to get stuff accross the pond.I must warn you though that I have had a couple of things never reach me and have simply disappeared.

I think that's a good idea.. but It would have to be by location in Canada as well.. as the shipping from one location to the next would negate the savings. So.. all the guys near Toronto could get an order together.. and all the guys in AB could get an order together etc... I am on board with the shipping thing for sure.. I'm sure my shipping expenses on parts are 20-30% of the cost of the piece.

• 2 years later...

Hey, you can always e-mail me for a possible part cross-reference. Also I "might" have a spare (or 6-7 spares) hiding in my basement. Just don't ask me how many exterior mirror sets or wheel sets I own. Those who know the answer still shake their head in disbelief.

AP

• 2 weeks later...

I think the number of fuel door release switches you posess is likely the real mind blower!