Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Steering wheel adapter - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Steering wheel adapter

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the same thing but does anyone know where I can get a quick release adapter from. I am so sick and tired of having to take the steering wheel off every time I want stick my head up under the dash!

Roger :smoke:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Not the same thing but does anyone know where I can get a quick release adapter from. I am so sick and tired of having to take the steering wheel off every time I want stick my head up under the dash!

Roger :)

PaulC tried this a while back and you can see the results on LEW here . The problem is without power steering the load on the locating pins is really high and soon causes wear. I've got a removable steering wheel on the Elise and even that seems to have worn a bit and there's no load on an Elise steering wheel at all, heaven knows why power steering would ever be needed on an Elise :) .

I'm sure I've seen a removable boss on Mike Ring's Sport 350, but that will of course have power steering on it though.

Martyn :P

Edited by martynv

Super thanks Dave, just ordered one, as you say a bargain price

This about a third of the price for the ones from the states including the carraige costs

At the Autosport show Works Bell had a stand who are the company that make the ones for sale on ebay usa. It was manned by 3 japs and I asked them if they had one with them, pointed to it in their catalogue,

no, no, was the reply,

do you have a uk distributor ?

no, no, contact head office was the reply.

so what are doing you here ?

no, no, was the repy !!

Lost I think !

Colin

Colin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I used this one (e-bay) to do both the Nardi-to-Momo conversion and to give me the quick-release.

Here's pics of the install

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM
Just tought i would let you all know. I've been having trouble trying to find an adapter to gp from the Personal/Nardi steering wheel boss on the esprit to a Momo bolt pattern. I found this on ebay and it is alot cheaper than anything else i could find, fits perfectly too.

Hi Dave, that ebay link has expired, any pointers to another boss for '90SE on ebay or elsewhere? I want to fit a Momo type wheel.

Many thanks.

I was being an idiot and didn't scroll down to see the actual item! doh

I looked around ebay and can't see anything simillar so I have email the seller of the original to see when he will have more in stock.

If anyone has any pointers to an alternative source I would be greatful. I need to change my minging wheel!

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

Had a reply from the seller of the original adaptor. Sadly he doesn't have any more and is looking for an alternative.

As it's cheaper to buy in bulk, I thought I'd gauge interest in these.

Would anybody else be interested in an adaptor to change their steering wheel easily?

Signature not working...

• 9 months later...